Light-O-Rama Forums

Haunted house help????

TitusCarnathan

For our fire house's haunted house this year I was thinking of adding computerized effects on for sound effects I was thinking of adding http://www.klockit.com/products/sku-30200.html

small recordable speakers to control them would the dio 32 have some kind of card that could switch them on and off

thanks

air devices ? thats a good idea what do you use for air devices to scare people?

I know it is always the most stupid small things that scare people. we have a door bell that we ring (sounds kind of like a telephone ringing) that scares people while the other things we have might not scare them.

Titus:

Air devices? Coupla things come to mind:

1) How about an air hose with an outlet that blows a blast of air on their neck/back/leg?

2) Pneumatic lifters that cause props (skeletons, zombies, etc.) to "jump" out at patrons.

There are a lot of different devices out there, and a LOT of websites devoted to them. Check out:

www.minionsweb.com

and

www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

Hope this helps.

Cray

T110431 wrote:

air devices ? thats a good idea what do you use for air devices to scare people?

You can use an old water valve from a clothes washer machine (pretty cheap at appliance repair shops). Adapt it to an air hose. Hook up the connectors to an LOR controller (120v) and it will work to your command of the sequence.

I own a pro haunt (www.bricktownamusement.com) and built two props using these valves back in 1994 when I first started out. They still work today and never had an issue.

I use air to operate many items, Coffin leaper, guillotine, opening coffins, have bodies tap on glass, I even use it to operate a moving bridge! I found it better to automate then to rely on people to be in my haunt.

I setup a potato cannon using an air line to launch the potato's. I decided to use it for Halloween using confetti instead of potato's. The sound of the air coming out and the blast with a smalling moving item just scared the hebie jebies out of kids and adults.

My wife banned me from using it again because it scared people too much. I have been wanting to use it again but she has vetoed it each year.

Donald Puryear wrote:

I use air to operate many items, Coffin leaper, guillotine, opening coffins, have bodies tap on glass, I even use it to operate a moving bridge! I found it better to automate then to rely on people to be in my haunt.

coffin leaper thats a good idea. we have a couple coffins how do you make it leap out

I bought a few of those speaker devices and was very disappointed on their quality

so I am going with a diffrent approach is there any way I can switch regular speakers around to diffrent areas automatically maby with the dc controller or something similar

T110431 wrote:

I bought a few of those speaker devices and was very disappointed on their quality

so I am going with a diffrent approach is there any way I can switch regular speakers around to diffrent areas automatically maby with the dc controller or something similar

How many speakers are you looking for? There was a thread on here, involving an electric chair, that used a 7.1 sound card; Bob from Light-O-Rama helped the person who started the thread find the proper codec so he could control each of the 8 speakers individually, to provide sounds for the "execution room" appropriately placed around the room - a related thread is http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum83/22074.html where he shows off his electric chair. A 7.1 sound card isn't that expensive from TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com; both sell USB sound card adapters. I believe the person used Audacity to edit the audio file. He needed the codec so the sound wouldn't be put back to stereo but would remain 8 discrete sound tracks.