Light-O-Rama Forums

adding new controllers to tracks other then main

musicman130

So I am reusing a few songs from last year but adding a fourth arch this year so that I have 4 instead of 3. I added 5 new channels to my main one and tried to add them to my other 2 tracks that I have. I can see them on the other 2 tracks, but if I put anything on that track, it does not show up in the main and thus does not light up. I copy'd to existing track using the "copy to other track" option when I did it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or am I supposed to do it a different way.

Thanks for the help I have new ones started and want to get the old ones finished!

Rob

When you say "does not light up" do you mean your actual lights?

Have you assigned the new channels with correct id's?

When I say Does not light up, I mean the animation screen and if I'm looking at the main track, not the ones I made. As far as the configuration the track is set for unit 8 channels 01 - 05, just like the main one for that arch.

Rob

I went to the channel that I wanted to move to the track I already had made and hit "Copy to other track" and then selected "Copy to track number" and selected my track.

Rob

I have found that COPY TO ANOTHER TRACK only works if you copy down to another track. The controller/channel assignments do not work the other way to turn on the lights.

Dennis, have you found a way to fix this or is this something that isn't going to work no matter what I do?

If this is something that there is no fix then I think we found something that can be improved on.

Rob

I just did a quick test with 2.7.6 and copied a channel from Track 2 to Track 3. The channel information, copied with it. This included the animation that was already there and the LOR configuration.

If you are copying a channel to a new track then the information should follow to that new channel. When done properly, both tracks will have the same information in them .. when you add evens to a channel, it adds them to the copied channel.

You should not have to re-draw your animation.

LOR stores this information separately in your LMS file. When you make a chance to a channel's animation events, it's made in one place in the file. Tracks and timings are kept separate as well in the file.

If these are not working, your install may have become corrupt somehow. I would, however, investigate the situation more before re-installing LOR.

Maybe I should upgrade then. I'm only using 2.3.6 right now. I wasn't sure if I updated my 2.3.6 to another version if I needed my key again or not. Maybe updating to the newest version will fix it.

musicman130 wrote:

Dennis, have you found a way to fix this or is this something that isn't going to work no matter what I do?

If this is something that there is no fix then I think we found something that can be improved on.

Rob

I had this problem in 2009. If you add a controller say in Track 3 then do a Copy to say Track 1 or 2, the channel assignments had to be done in the first track it shows up. It seems to be a top down read of the information in the LMS file when it is loaded.

Once I fixed the channel assignments in Track 1 the lights worked fine.