Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on playback

scubado

When working on sequencing a song, is there a way to loop the music in a specific location in the song? Every time you hit start, it starts all the way back at the beginning. Or is there a way to start in the middle of a song? It wastes a lot of time having to start at the beginning each time.
Currently using V2.7.6 in demo mode trying to get familiar with the software. I have my visualization set up to what I have planned and it's pretty cool to watch it play out, but I'm getting a little frustrated with this issue the farther I get into the song. I also sent in a suggestion to be able to see the waveform of the music in the timeline to help sequencing better.

Highlight the cell at which you want to start playback, and push the space bar. That will start playback at the location of the cell. (Use your mouse to select the cell.)

scubado wrote:

I also sent in a suggestion to be able to see the waveform of the music in the timeline to help sequencing better.

To see the waveform, select VIEW and then WAVEFORM

You can also select from the ribbon menu PLAY >> PLAY RANGE >> and select exactly what you want to replay or test. Then you can set the "loop" from the drop down menu as well.

I use the "visible screen" most of the time. That way I can "zoom in" or "zoom out" from the tool bar at the top of the screen to show what I'm working on at the moment.