Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio and Timing Are Off

jem5136

I am trying to sync a song right now, and I have it on "play>visual screen" and I have synced a few screens, and the timings were good, but when I went back to play what I have so far (play>full sequence), the timing is completely off. How do i fix this. This has happened to me before, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks,
Jesse

you could also convert it to a WAV file...

I always use WAV files to do the sequencing, then go back and import the MP3 when I am done and going to use it in a show.

jimswinder wrote:

you could also convert it to a WAV file...

I always use WAV files to do the sequencing, then go back and import the MP3 when I am done and going to use it in a show.

Just curious, why sequence with WAV, then use MP3?

Does WAV give you more options when sequencing?

Thanks,

Glenn

GS wrote:

Just curious, why sequence with WAV, then use MP3?
Does WAV give you more options when sequencing?

Unless you use an MP3 with a constant bit rate, you sometimes have a problem with syncing issues when you try and start the song in the middle of a sequence. And I usually get most of my Audio from iTunes and when I use my converter, it converts it to an MP3 with a variable bit rate...so I find it easier to just also convert it to a WAV file and use that when sequencing.

I use the MP3 file in my shows, just becasue it is a smaller file and I beleive LOR processes it faster than a WAV file (could be wrong about that).

I know a lot of the guys use Audacity (as do I) to convert their audio, but if I remember correctly, it won't play an iTunes file, so I don't use Audacity to convert my files.

I have purchased songs off iTunes .. converted them into mp3 format through a free software I downloaded called Free m4a to mp3 converter. From there I take the mp3 file into Audacity and save it as a fixed bit rate !

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Follow the tutorial on LOR's support page. It will guide you step by step on how to use MP3 and audacity. Works like a champ