Light-O-Rama Forums

16 ch

cjackson

2009 did not have lor 16 controller have it for 2010. i have a mega tree and plan to add 2 more plus 6 -6' mini and 6-3' mini. i am hoping to get the sq. started or buy pre made. i would think that would be less confuse to start. any suggestions? did i say i'm a new member as of today?

Historically the software has not been discounted during the sale. So, if you haven't purchased it yet, go ahead and do so.

This will give you the full version, and let you start on your programming. I would advise that you carefully plan your display first, then work on programming. It is time consuming to go back and modify sequences because you thought of adding something, or simply forgot it. You could, however, work on your timings anytime.

Also, be sure to do some test sequences as practice. This let's you get used to the software, and not have to worry about messing something up.

cjackson wrote:

2009 did not have lor 16 controller have it for 2010. i have a mega tree and plan to add 2 more plus 6 -6' mini and 6-3' mini.

That adds up to 15 channels...so are you planning on only one color or a string of multi color per tree?

well i started on the lap top but it seem it can't find the right port. try all 3 but no luck. everything is attask and in the right spot. any ideas?

cjackson wrote:

well i started on the lap top but it seem it can't find the right port. try all 3 but no luck. everything is attask and in the right spot. any ideas?

You did do the auto-scan, right? (Not near a LOR computer, it's at the top left of the HWU screen, though) (HWU = Hardware Utility)

And how do you have everything hooked up?

USB or Serial adapter? You are using a LOR supplied device, right?

Have CAT5 cable going from the adapter to the middle port on the LOR board? LOR Board plugged on? LED flashing when it comes on (before the cable attached?)

yes follow all directions by lor. maybe just unload and reload the program. and i have window seven. may be problem.

I know of others who have run on Windows7 without a hitch. Sounds like a simple matter of the controller and adapter not talking to each other for some reason. (And since I don't have Windows7, I'm going to have to bail ... don't know where to look for that.)