Light-O-Rama Forums

US Flag pattern

Brian Mitchell

I have a pattern for a Flag that someone gave me. I am done with it and have my flag finished. I'd like to pass the pattern on to someone else who would like to use it. It's a full sized Winfield collections pattern.

If you are interested, send me a PM with address info. If I have multiple takers, I will figure a way to see who "wins" it.

Oh, I just need more channels. I have been wanting to program my flag guitar so the cords on the guitar play the notes of the music. I just need to find some time and get the sheet music to sequence the guitar strings.

I have also been thinking about adding some strobe lights in the stars on my guitar.

http://www.vimeo.com/5860066

An American flag would be an excellent addition to my show.

Attached files 202839=11271-DSCF1067.JPG

toddmoon wrote:

I have been wanting to program my flag guitar so the cords on the guitar play the notes of the music. I just need to find some time and get the sheet music to sequence the guitar strings.

Don't spend too much time getting the notes "right." Only a serious guitar player who's paying close attention would notice that certain notes light certain strings, and a serious guitar player would first notice that your guitar has 4 strings! :D

My first year I spent some time getting the horizontal lights on a bush to match certain notes in the music, but it turned out to not be that good an effect. A better use of such lights is to pulse with the beat, chase, bounce, or twinkle.

I would have to agree on the note programming. Doing more than four strings did not work for the color scheme and sizing for the lights. I am wondering about going for a second guitar to have them dueling each other that could be fun.

I have noticed that I have used some totally random sequencing to music and I have never had anyone catch on to it or at least no one has said anything about it.

I may try doing some programming for a bass guitar just sequencing by which string would be played and try running the shimmer and fade as the cord would be played. It might be interesting or it may be just to much work and not a good effect.

I think I would try it with Foreigner - Juke Box Hero.

• 4 weeks later...

Did the pattern ever get rotated around to anyone else? I haven't heard anything on it after it's first stop.

• 6 months later...