Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert timings

shfr26

Is where anyway that I can change one channel's timings or a potion of a channel's timings instead of for all the channels? Say channel one divide into tenths and every other channel one second. :?

I believe only if you were to put it into its own separate track...

If I remember correctly, right mouse button over the "Track One" (at the top the of the sequence) and then you will have the option to either create or copy a new track.

I think it's under "Edit" also...

You then also have to name the "Timing" something other than the timing you have in the first track (Timing are found in a pull down menu on the right of the Track Name).

If you don't, then when you change the timings in Track One, it will also change the timings in Track Two.

Thanks Jim,

Was hoping that I did not have to make new tracks. Would be so much easier just to change in one channel, but thanks anyway. Maybe a "wishlist" item.

shfr26 wrote:

Was hoping that I did not have to make new tracks. Would be so much easier just to change in one channel, but thanks anyway. Maybe a "wishlist" item.

yeah...I "wishlisted" it about 9 months ago...

Actually I did not think I would like adding other tracks at first...but now find it very useful.

shfr26 wrote:

Thanks Jim,

Once you start using tracks, they become your friend. I routinely have 3 or 4 tracks for a song. For what you are wanting to do, you'd simply need to create a duplicate track, then edit the track as needed.

Then you'd have two tracks you can switch between. You never know, you may need that other timing later in the song.

Pete,

If you right-click on the channel name and then copy to new track you'll wind up with a new track with only that one channel in it. Do whatever you want to the timing and add whatever events you want to add. Those events will appear in both places where the channel is shown. Then when you're finished, simply delete the new track. The changes you made in the channel will still be present in the original location of the channel.

I was in the middle of 10 things yesterday... *sigh*
What I meant to say was create a new timing grid, with the new timing that you want. Then you can switch back and forth between the two.

Don wrote:

I was in the middle of 10 things yesterday... *sigh*
What I meant to say was create a new timing grid, with the new timing that you want. Then you can switch back and forth between the two.

I think the timing grid will be a good way to go. When you need a .05 sec grid pick it, when you need .10 then pick it... It will apply to all channels but doesn't really matter just work on the channel(s) you want.

Dan

Pete,

Everyone was quick to give you Tracks and Timings.

What exactly do you need to do this for?

Was thinking, I know I should not do that but, If my archs are set for .10 second per channel and most of my other lights are set for .50 seconds per channels, it would be "nice" not to have all the timimng marks in all the channels. Hope that makes sense.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure there was not some esoteric reason for needing this, that we may have overlooked.

• 2 weeks later...