Light-O-Rama Forums

I just had this really cool idea!

Guest guest

Durring this season, what if we all carried around a couple of our favorite sequences so when we meet up with another PC'er viewing our lights then we can play the visiting persons sequence on our system. I know the channel config will be way off but the basic beats and movments should look somwhat the same. Any takers?

--Daniel L

That's what I've suggested and invited everybody that drives thru or to OKC to do. Hey, for me the hard part is already done and that's putting up the lights and sound. It don't matter about the channel line up, it's just fun to see the lights dance. For here, it's just show up and PLAY :]. Or as some might refer, "Plug & Play".

Tom

Thats not as silly as it sounds. With memory sticks, you can do this. All I would need to do is upload it to my memory stick, then I could of downloaded it to say-Carries's computer when I was at the Chicao Plus.

Scott Loftus wrote:

Thats not as silly as it sounds.

Yes Scott, it's actually pretty simple and how could it even be silly if a lot of folks who have not even seen their sequences in real time (shimmers, twinkles, timing and such). I have all my work on a thumb drive (I don't leave home without it :]) and backed up on my laptop at home and PC at work. I aint taking any chances on losing it.

Tom

It would help if there could be a defacto standard for channel use. Very tough to do because of the wide variety of lighting configuration, but if everyone could agree on the some very basic stuff it might work (for example):

• Roof outline 1-5
  • Mega Tree 6-16
  • Solo fixtures 17-25
  • etc

Then make the software have some kind of substitution grid so that you could very quickly redirect channels.

I'm very new, so forgive me if this already exists.

Dave

Seems to me that could be quite a hassle unless everyones displays were arranged using the same channel layouts, colors etc. I have 17 channels dedicated to the front of my house. My 184 channel display is going to look pretty weak on an 8 or 16 channel controller and vice versa. For those reasons, I doubt it could ever be plug-n-play. You could however, use this method to share sequences but, Don already has this feature on the LOR Wiki that can downloading directly to your machine from his web site.

DavBro wrote:

It would help if there could be a defacto standard for channel use. Very tough to do because of the wide variety of lighting configuration, but if everyone could agree on the some very basic stuff it might work (for example):

• Roof outline 1-5
  • Mega Tree 6-16
  • Solo fixtures 17-25
  • etc

Then make the software have some kind of substitution grid so that you could very quickly redirect channels.

I'm very new, so forgive me if this already exists.

Dave

Very simple... Highlight, copy (control c), and paste (control V). Address new cards, more then you have, copy a buffer down to unused controller area then reassemble to where you want the stuff to line up with what you have in use. I all the time change which box controls what from year to year, its easy to shuffle around all the programming for certain channels to a different controller or location.