Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Lights

goduke21

Last year I switched all my lights to led. I was able to find alot of c7 and c9 lights at lowes and walmart. I am going to do arches and want to use mini led lights but I could not find any at the end of the season. Does anyone know of a good site for cheap led mini lights

Most vendors have already had their Pre-Order early season sales. I don't know of one off the top of my head that is offering a lower than retail price.

If anyone else does, please speak up.

Also, Paul at CDI has extras as his contianers are showing up to fill his pre orders. Not sure what he has going on for discounts other than the usual one for PC members, etc. These won't be as chaep as anything you'll find at the big box stores as these are the good strings that are sealed so moisture doesn't get in to the sockets and rust them out. Although with some of the new standards going forward the big box sets this year may have the improvement with going to the same materials at least for the tabs and leads both. I think the manufactureres in China switched over like March 1st or there abouts. For those that swear they would rather be able to change out a bad bulb, if they did do this as well on the Lowes, Walmart, etc. sets that may be a huge plus.

Lenny

OUCH !! Awesome Jim. Mine will be awhile longer. I needed an extra spool of ZIP so once that boat gets here I'll be doing the happy dance.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

OUCH !! Awesome Jim. Mine will be awhile longer. I needed an extra spool of ZIP so once that boat gets here I'll be doing the happy dance.

Lenny

Lenny:

You should have looked online for other places like

http://skycraftsurplus.com/lampcord.aspx

I have 2000 feet coming and it will be here on monday 5-17-10.

At $0.08 a foot it was a killer deal with shipping to me totaled $204.52.

Paul's price wasn't that bad though and with the lights I ordered just put it all on one. The freight on a 250-300 lb skid is only going to run me about $100 so I'm cool with it. That's 25 cases of lights so pretty good. I am aware of Skycraft though.

Lenny

I say we should ban both Lenny and Jim! Flanting that big of an LED order to boot.;)

Great haul guys. And at least it wont take me a month to put up and tear down my display. :)

Hey Jim, go put up a post in Dashers Dinner in the I'm sorry thread and show who is it Chuck or Tim that hate LEDs? Any way show them your skid of LEDs.:cool:

Max-Paul wrote:

Great haul guys. And at least it wont take me a month to put up and tear down my display. :)

Actually...if all goes as planned (like that will happen :shock:), it should only take me 2 days to set up...maybe even less with 2 people.

Of course, so far it has taken me 5 months (and counting) to build the things for a "quick" set-up!! LOL

EDIT:

Couldn't find Dasher Dinner thread...is that here or over at Planet Christmas?

goduke21 wrote:

Everybody keeps talking about CDI. What is the website

creativedisplays.com

Brain:
Actually quite a few pretty pennies. With adding more channels this year I needed to bring in a large amount of LED's. Now the plan will be to change out the rest in more manageable quantities the next couple years before I bring in more controllers down the road. Of course by then my wife may have told me she's had enough. But I'm going three colors in icicle lights, two color on the mega tree, and adding red fans under all 4 of my arches. And actually 10 cases of the 25 or so aren't mine or if would have been more painful.

Lenny

friskybri wrote:

bet that cost a pretty penny.

Nope...it was just a few beat up, old 1909S VDB pennies... :shock:

jimswinder wrote:

Couldn't find Dasher Dinner thread...is that here or over at Planet Christmas?

Jim:

Dasher's Diner is the last section (bottom of the page) in the Planet Christmas forums.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cray

Thanks Cray for the help.

Right Jim, sorry for some strange reason I thought you knew about Dasher's Dinner over on PC. Click on Dasher's Dinner and then drop below the subsections and you will find the "I'm sorry" thread that is in the main section. I am sure that there will be a few people fainting when they see that pile of LEDs. I know I am going holy cow!!