Light-O-Rama Forums

moving my beat track

msdelaars

Hey i am new to this whole LOR thing. I am in the process of programming my first song. It is made up of 144 channels and of court i picked a TSO song to start with. I started off with the tapper wizard and tapped out the entire song. I added in a row called "beat" to my sequence. I then snapped a pic of the house and added all of my channels to the picture. Then i started to program each channel to do what i want it to do. The problem that i am having is that my "Beat" channel does not keep up as i scroll down the 144 channels so i continually have to move it from the top to the bottom.

Is there a way to make this row stay on the page as i scroll up and down. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Mike D

In my sequences I have a title channel for each group of channels. Like Mini Trees, then all the mini tree channels. Fan then all the fan channels. I use the title lines to copy the beat channel throughout the sequence so one is always visible as I work different sections of the sequence.

msdelaars wrote:

Is there a way to make this row stay on the page as i scroll up and down. Let me know if you can help.

No, but many of us have requested this feature.

What you can do is what Brian suggested.

Explore creating and using different "Tracks" (transfer and sort your 144 channels into more manageable "tracks" (IE, Mini Trees, Arches, Mega Tree, etc).

Then you can add your "beat channel" to each track so it is either visible in that track, or at the least, not that far to scroll to see it, sinc it can be placed anywhere within that track.

Also, then within each track, you can have a different "beat". Such as your "Arch Track". If you have 9 segments to your arches, then you could divide your Arch Track in such a manner that you have 9 "cells" to each beat, making it a lot easier to sequence.

It's hard to explain...but if you start using it you will understand all you can do with "tracks" pretty fast.

I'm not at home so don't have access to LOR, but I think under EDIT (or even right mouse button) you can create or copy a track.

I forget all the options, but I think what I did was copy my main track (all 144 channels) into another track, then delete the ones I did not want in the new track and repeated this process for each new track (I think).

If no one else chimes in before I get home, I will PM you with just how it is done.