Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 software insatll issue

jpbaily1

It gives me the same issue weather opening s sequence, saving a sequence, or doing anything.

I have to click on cancel six to eight times on the pop-up windows fror each thing that I do.

I have not trried re-installing the software as of yet.

Thoughts?

Guest wbottomley

jpbaily1 wrote:

It gives me the same issue weather opening s sequence, saving a sequence, or doing anything.

I have to click on cancel six to eight times on the pop-up windows fror each thing that I do.

I have not trried re-installing the software as of yet.

Thoughts?

First, describe your problem and the steps involved.

Hard drive crashed, re-installed S2 software.

Open S2 sequence eeditor V2.7.6 advanced edition.

Went to open a previously saved sequence. While opening Widows opened a pop-up window stating "please wait while windows configures Light-O-Rama.

This happens on , Save, open, open recent, new sequence, open recent sequence, etc.

Could it be refrencing a file/folder that was previously installed?

Other than than the program works fine.

John

jpbaily1 wrote:

Yes, I was afraid of that.

Thanks.

It is a pretty straight forward and quick solution. I had to do that once with an install and it really is just a few extra clicks, no time at all.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

I too have run into the same installation problem. I have run the installation cleanup utility and reinstalled the software. I still have the same popup problems. Any further suggestions?

I had this same problem. I tried all the suggested fixes and nothing worked. I even tried restoring my computer to an earlier date and it still didn't fix it.

I tried windows registry fixers and even though they didn't find anything, I still had this problem. I uninstalled everything I could and reinstalled windows components and all upgrades and no luck.

Finally I decided enough was enough and I put my Windows XP disk in the CDrom drive and reinstalled windows totally along with all the updates and upgrades.

Works great now! I lost ALOT $$$$ in music (CD's didn't burn right) but all's well again.

The only thing I can think of is LOR uses/looks for/needs a file of somesort that even though windows says it's ok, LOR doesn't.

Thanks for the info Bret,

After battling the problem for a few days I decided that it was time for a complete reformat of the computer. Im right now just finishing reinstalling all of my software.

I installed LOR first and it works just fine.

LOR software has to have everything just so so to work. LOR blamed this problem on windows and this actually probably is the problem, but when LOR is the only software this has happened on.....it makes you think.

Its funny...During my battle with LOR to run (before reformat) I installed other software prior to LOR and after LOR and it all ran just fine.

I will give the LOR techs credit, Bob spent alot of time with me trying help me solve the problem. Again thanks to the LOR support team.

Mark O

I had the exact same problem last night. What I ended up doing was just uninstalling LOR and reinstalling it again. I didn't use the Windows Cleanup Utility. It works great. Guess my level of glitch was less than other users are having.

What's most annoying is the popup window won't go away. I have to do a CRTL-ALT-DEL and cancel that way. Trying to close the popup windows doesn't work - they just keep coming back.