Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Visualizer

BILL VANDERSLICE

I have 2 laptops with Vista & Windows 7. Night scene turns on/off normal. 3rd is desktop with Millinium. Can't turn on night scene on this computer. All 3 have the latest LOR firmware. Any idea on why the Millinium will not turn on night scene? All other features operate normal on the 3 computers. Hopefully I can change some setting on Millinium and make night scene come on!

Water Bill

What happens when you try? The display just stays as if you hadn't done it, or something else?

Any error message or anything? Does the checkbox actually get checked, or does it remain blank?

bob wrote:

What happens when you try? The display just stays as if you hadn't done it, or something else?

Any error message or anything? Does the checkbox actually get checked, or does it remain blank?

Bob

The arrow comes on normally and stays on. It can be turned on/off normally. A box of dotted lines surrounds"simulate night time" when arrow comes on. This dotted line box stays on until I left click out of the box area. Everything plays normal and lights are operating normal with daytime scene. The version is 2.3.6 advanced. Everything appears normal except it won't go into night scene.

Bill

BILL VANDERSLICE wrote:

bob wrote:

Bob

The arrow comes on normally and stays on. It can be turned on/off normally. A box of dotted lines surrounds"simulate night time" when arrow comes on. This dotted line box stays on until I left click out of the box area. Everything plays normal and lights are operating normal with daytime scene. The version is 2.3.6 advanced. Everything appears normal except it won't go into night scene.

Bill

Bob

I find my main laptop has 2.6.2 advanced verses 2.3.6 with Millimun which doesn't work. Could this be the problem?

Bill

Hmmm... I don't recall any fixes being made to "simulate night time", but generally speaking, it's a good idea to have your various copies using the same version, so I guess you might as well try it.

I'll try to get it to happen here, but at this point I'm not sure what the cause of it might be.

One thing that sometimes causes various strange display problems is "hardware acceleration". You might want to check you display adapter's settings, and if hardware acceleration is turned on, turn it off, and if it's off, turn it on.

I don't have any real reason to suspect that this will help - it's just a shot in the dark.