Light-O-Rama Forums

channel configuration template

ainsworth

This is my first year using tracks.

I created a template using the tracks and channel setup I wanted, then I exported it. When I create a new musical sequence and use the template; all works as expected except the track timing names. When I create a new sequence I end up with unnamed timing grids equal to the number of tracks I have. Usually I create the new sequence with "don't add any timings" selected in the "initial timing" section. I do this because I use several different ways to create track timings(wizards, fixed, and freehand some times). If I create the new sequence with "fixed grid" I get the fixed grid and unnamed timing grids equal to the number of tracks I have.

Is there a way to save the template so that I don't have to rename the timing grids for each track every time?

I use XP and 2.7.4.

Thanks
Bruce

Sorry, timing grids aren't saved in the channel configuration file, because timings are likely to vary from sequence to sequence. Importing channel configuration leaves your existing timing grids alone, and if a new track has to be created due to the import, a new timing grid is created for it.