Light-O-Rama Forums

New power source?

shfr26

Pete

The candles will have to be 20' tall and you'll have to have about 50 of them, and probly 10 fire extingishers, but besides the 1000's of dollars you will spend, good idea Pete

I was kind of skeptical until he pulled both the leads onto the table...very interesting!!!

jimswinder wrote:

I was kind of skeptical until he pulled both the leads onto the table...very interesting!!!

This is one of the sweetest hoax videos going around. Wonder why his hands go under the table every time the light or the motor go on or off? To turn the switch to the power supply that is routed up through the candles then to the nails on and off?

It is a great video though.

I noticed the light goes on before just a hair before he lights the candle. I would have expected it be dim a little until the candle was fully lit.

huskernut wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

This is one of the sweetest hoax videos going around. Wonder why his hands go under the table every time the light or the motor go on or off? To turn the switch to the power supply that is routed up through the candles then to the nails on and off?

It is a great video though.

Watch the video again and you will see there is nothing under the candles

garyfunk wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I have a bridge I want to sell you.

ok, how much and where is it? Can I see it?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I have a bridge I want to sell you.

ok, how much and where is it? Can I see it?

Brooklyn.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

huskernut wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
I was kind of skeptical until he pulled both the leads onto the table...very interesting!!

No...they are right...his hands ALWAYS go under the table...and as for "nothing under the candles", there is a video edit there where they could have done ANYTHING (like drill holes in the table and then hook up leads to the nails.)

I'll buy that bridge!!! (but only once) LOL

All of that plus the fact that there is no scientific/engineering principal that would explain how 2 lit candles and nails that were gently rubbed with a magnet can generate electricity.

This simple fact tells it all to me, there is no complete circuit in the demonstration, except under the table, where would the current flow be?

If you notice there is a cut in the video after he lifts the candles (closeup of rubbing the magnet) That is where the magic of editing takes place. and the candles are connected to a power source under the table. The wires could go thru the table or off the backside behind the candles. Now if he had used a foot switch to turn on the light, it would be much more convincing as he could have kept both hands in view and not keep sneeking one under the table to flip the switch.