Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter

Terry Hurrle

I don't need much over 50 to 100 feet of transmission distance. With funds limited I ordered the new Whole House 2.0 version. It has a full frequency range. It was on sale for $99.00 with a discount coupon but is back ordered at the time. Any one have experience with this unit vs the old gold version?
Thanks
Terry

I sent mine back as it would not even transmit 15 feet to my car in the driveway...

but I have heard others have had very good results with it.

EDIT:

Sorry...mine was NOT the 2.0 version...

Terry;

I just bought the Magic Black Box Eclipse 4000 Stereo and was a bit more money but still around $130.

I get a range of 1 km ( 0.7 miles ) and crystal clear sound.

I had read too many comments about you are looking at as far as poor reception so went for the Eclipse instead.

Good luck !

Dave

I also have the gold , I added about 50 ft of speaker wire wrapped to the end of the antennae and stretched out and got about 150 ft. Ordered the MBB eclipse 4000 and am very happy with it. Get about 700 ft under power lines and it is stereo, gold is not.

shfr26 wrote:

it is stereo, gold is not.

I would be very surprised to know that the whole House gold is not stereo? It is printed right on the front of it "FM Stereo" or are you talking about some other "Gold" unit?

I used the Whole House Gold my first year and I had no trouble at all. Range was a solid block away but I live in a smaller town so i dont have as much competition for open frequencies which may help.

I also just ordered the 2.0, it now has the entire frequency range available, gold was pretty limited. I did notice after I ordered it that it has only a 3 inch wire for the antenna which bothers me but the price was good and my past one year experience with the Gold version was also very good.

I had the Whole House as well and it was CRAP!...sent it back and got the Mobile Black Box Eclipse-4000 and I can here it WAY further out than I should be able to..:D