Light-O-Rama Forums

Keeping some lights on between sequences

GS

At the end of some songs/sequences, I would like a few lights/channels to stay on and carry over into the next sequence.

Other times I would need these lights to be off or dim like the rest of the channels, so this is not a static application.

Can this be done in rev 2.6 advanced or higher ?

Thank you,

Glenn

At the end of each sequence, put the lights to the state you want them. Turn off the ones you want off and keep the others on.

Then when you build a show make sure that the box to "Turn lights off at the end of each sequence" is not checked. This can only be done with the "regular" show edtior not the simple show builder.

The way I do this, is at the end of each sequence, have the desired channels set at the intensity you want them to be, between sequences.

Then in the Show Editor there is a box that needs to be unchecked , that will leave those light on. (By default, there is an "all off" command sent at the end of each sequence.)

Dan beat me to it... That's what I get for answering the phone in the middle of a reply..:)

Attached files 201705=11218-Capture.JPG

If you use the method recommended above, you should also have at least one sequence (musical or animation) in the "Shutdown" tab of your show that turns all the channels off that you want to be off at the end of the show.

When I first used the "keep lights on between sequences" feature, I came home late after the show was over and found some lights still on.

This can be useful, for instance I turn my security (motion-sensor) lights (an X10 channel) back on at the end of the show and leave them on until the show starts the next evening.