Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple quick question

RaceMedic

Quick question .....

I see you can get washer type rings to go on the C9 bulbs to help keep moisture out .... feedback ? Can it trap moisture in !? Would you recommend it ?!

Dave

Most C9 sockets have drains in the bottom... So in any orientation, they drain out either the bottom drain, or the threads. On top of that, the sockets don't seal to the cord either, so I don't think you can keep the water out anyway.. Over 3 years, and thousands of C7's, I have not had any issues, other than some C9's I had mounted on metal stakes experiencing GFCI trips. The ones hot glued to buildings, or strung in trees have rarely been any kind of issue, other than GFCI in crazy conditions...

Save your money and time. I wouldn't bother with them. I never had an issue with mine (approx 800)

Darryl

The first year I had my animated show I used some roof clips that held the lights straight up on my C7's .. I had more GFCI trips than Charter had peanuts. When i took the lights down the connection end of the bulbs were covered with corrosion, telling me the water sat in the socket.

The next year I bought a hundred clips that hold the light straight out from the roof. I have never had a GFCI trip on those circuits since. That was a number of years ago....

Here is the clip I use..http://www.1000bulbs.com/C7-LED-Light-Strings/37342/

Happy Decorating....