Light-O-Rama Forums

Disneyland's World Of Color Fountain Show

Vic Fortenbach

If you like the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas, then fasten your seat belts. The World Of Color show will certainly not let you down. This You Tube link is a whole World Of Color show as previewed for the Disneyland suits. The video is 26 minutes long and taken from a hotel room window. The view is obscured by one of the attractions in the park. Never the less, it is still quite spectacular.

Thanks for the link. That is pretty amazing... Looks like it would almost be worth the price of admission on its own.

I've seen the show a couple of times....pretty cool. I was checking it out while it was under construction. Way to complicated for me to understand.

Just an FYI...the show is actually at California Adventure and not Disneyland. Same location area...just seperate cost of admission unless you get the park hopper pass for both parks.

Wow....how high do some of those fountains shoot? Just imagining the technology in that show is mind boggling. It's WOW!! Just WOW!!

Heard about this several months ago when I first started to research Luminaria to add as another Disney collage to sequence. The new show is at the same location Luminaria was done. Luminaria only lasted one short season as the smoke from the fireworks with them being so close to the audiance was choking. I mentioned awhile back that the World of Color was also to have a special Holiday season show that I expect we'll be hot to get our hands on the music for when it happens.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Heard about this several months ago when I first started to research Luminaria to add as another Disney collage to sequence. The new show is at the same location Luminaria was done. Luminaria only lasted one short season as the smoke from the fireworks with them being so close to the audiance was choking.
Lenny

Below is a You Tube link to Luminaria. Two interesting things about the Luminaria show. During the day, before the show. Kids could draw pictures and have them projected during the show on large screens. And, toward the end of the video is a webber tree, or is it a Disney ribbon tree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udi-CgMwHRU

The video of the house I saw that set up a sequence for this has a blue ribbon tree. I actually am working off his sequence using some parts for my sequence. He has a lot of color washes which I'm adapting for the front of the house since everything I do is in Red, Green, White. Also modifying that part for the three colors of icicles. I'm about 6 minutes in of 15 minutes roughly. Decided to give that one a break and work on Nutrocker for awhile. It's too bad Luminaria didn't work but I can see the smoke being a major problem. Couldn't breath or see most of the show depending on the wind, or lack of it. Am very curious to see what they do during the Christmas season with this new show and IF it would ever go in at Disney World.

Lenny