Light-O-Rama Forums

California Help Needed

George Simmons

Greetings. Sharon and I are heading off on a trek next weekend and we need to know whether Hwy 120 between Lee Vining and Yosemite is open or is it still closed for the winter? Is there anyone from out that-a-way who knows or can point me in the right direction to find out? Thanks in advance.

George,
take a look at this link
Current Conditions @ Yosemite
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

George Simmons wrote:

Greetings. Sharon and I are heading off on a trek next weekend and we need to know whether Hwy 120 between Lee Vining and Yosemite is open or is it still closed for the winter? Is there anyone from out that-a-way who knows or can point me in the right direction to find out? Thanks in advance.

George Simmons wrote:

Greetings. Sharon and I are heading off on a trek next weekend

Have fun George...

Who is going to keep us in line while you are gone?? :P

Hey, you can drive north a few hours and come to our Washington Mini on the 24th in Olympia, Washington!

jimswinder wrote:

Have fun George... Thanks. It's gonna be a blast! The sights we'll be seeing are ones I've seen before, but Sharon never has. And I never get tired of seeing mountains and desert.

Who is going to keep us in line while you are gone?? :PAlthough we'll have a PC along, it might be best if I wasn't caught getting my daily fix at the LOR forum trough, so we'll have to see how it goes. Besides, maybe it's time for someone else to step forward to do some of the heavy lifting. I think Dan might be getting tired of having to close threads where I take issue with some bozo's attitude.

Hey, you can drive north a few hours and come to our Washington Mini on the 24th in Olympia, Washington! Don't think I'm not tempted. But I'll count my chickens in that Sharon has agreed to accompany me to the MN mini in May and leave well enough alone. Thanks for the invite just the same.

George Simmons wrote:

I think Dan might be getting tired of having to close threads . . .

He hasn't closed the most recent one. Maybe he IS getting tired!

Have a good and safe trip. We look forward to your return -- then you can get back to keeping us in line. :P

Cray

J_Plak wrote:

the National Park Service is waiving entrance fees, so visitors can enjoy all 392 national parks for free April 17-25.

YEP..they do that every year in Spring...So come on up and see Mt. Rainer National Park...just a stones throw from the Washington Mini!! Though most of the park will be closed due to so much snow...lol

J_Plak wrote:

the National Park Service is waiving entrance fees, so visitors can enjoy all 392 national parks for free April 17-25.

Yeah, we found that out a couple weeks ago. Talk about great timing! We were already planning to visit every National Park we can get into between the Grand Canyon and Yosemite during that week. A nice little savings that I'm sure we'll wind up redistributing into the local economies along our way. Two more days... after not being out of Minnesota for the last three or four years, I am SO looking forward to seeing some of the most magnificent scenery on the planet!!!