Light-O-Rama Forums

bypassing flasher units

ukoberon

Yes, it would be easier to solder copper wire where marked.

The gauge of wire is determined by the current it carries - (the voltage determines the thickness of insulation required). These are very low current lights. 24-gauge wire will be fine.

The 3-transistor board looks exactly the same, so you can just cut the wire a little short.

thanks, I will be busy with my soldering gun! And what about sets with 3 transistors? as picture above?

Also could I use the same technique on a board thats at 24V transformered down from a wall plug transformer if it has 3/4 transistors and similar board layout?

• 1 month later...

If I post a picture can someone help me!? I have some lower voltage lighting which has a flasher which I want to make static. Please can someone reply asap as my show goes live tonight in 3 hours (UK time)!!

Picture coming.

Ive blown a flasher unit up, the 1 I didnt get advice for opps now it doesnt work but it needs to for tonight...is there anyway I can just hot wire it onto the power adaptor?

Post a picture. Normal approach is to connect the commom supply voltage (rectified DC) to the outputs of each of the output transistors/triacs,

Regards Geoff