Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware ver 4.4?????????

Lights4Tikes

Lights4Tikes wrote:

Oh and what is the change list in 4.4 vs 4.3?

Thanks

The controller card you have is a higher version of card that requires a different firmware. There is no functional difference. There were a few minor changes on the card such as different microprocessor pins are routed to the 18 pin header.

Dan

Ponddude wrote:

Out curiosity what boards had design changes?

CTB16D and CTB16PC have had minor changes this year.

Dan

• 1 year later...

I have seen this topic repeated several times in the forum. I still have questions. The device I have is a blue board CTB16D, and is over 1 year old. It shows ver 4.40.

There is a question that begs to be answered is what do we do with it? Should we update the firmware? The firmware on the site says the latest is ver 4.32. When did 4.4 come out vs 4.32? I see that Dan state they are the same, but SHOULD you update an older box that shows 4.4 with 4.32? Is it newer?

Thanks!

JoelSturman wrote:

The firmware on the site says the latest is ver 4.32. When did 4.4 come out vs 4.32? I see that Dan state they are the same, but SHOULD you update an older box that shows 4.4 with 4.32? Is it newer?

Thanks!

Do NOT try to put Ver 4.32 firmware on a board that already has Ver 4.4 on it.

Do NOT try to put Ver 4.4 firmware on an older controller.

As Dan stated in an earlier post in this thread, ver 4.4 is ONLY to be used on boards that have a different microprocessor chip on them. If you should be able to succeed in putting Ver 4.32 into a board that was designed to use Ver 4.4, it would probably cause that board to quit working.

Ver 4.32 is the latest for the older boards. Newer boards (2009 and forward? ) come with Ver 4.4 already loaded on them.

There is no functional or feature difference, only the microprocessors on the newer boards require ver 4.4

Thank you for that clarification. My thick skull has been penetrated!:D
I can also deduce that no firmware updates for the newer boards have been needed for a while, as the 4.40 board I have is over 1 yr old. Correct me if that is wrong.

Thanks again!

JoelSturman wrote:

Thank you for that clarification. My thick skull has been penetrated!:D
I can also deduce that no firmware updates for the newer boards have been needed for a while, as the 4.40 board I have is over 1 yr old. Correct me if that is wrong.

Thanks again!

If your board has Ver 4.4 on it, leave it alone! It already has the latest and greatest and what the microprocessor chip on that board requires to work properly

Thanks for the info, just stumbled accross this while upgrading from 4.01 to 4.30.

Does this mean there will be two verisions of firmware for the blue boards going forward? Will I need to keep track of which boards I have so not to mix up the firm ware?

L

lleibeck wrote:

Thanks for the info, just stumbled accross this while upgrading from 4.01 to 4.30.

Does this mean there will be two verisions of firmware for the blue boards going forward? Will I need to keep track of which boards I have so not to mix up the firm ware?

If you have 16 channel boards, and are upgrading from 4.01, why stop at 4.30, why not go ahead and upgrade to 4.32 ?

Which Blue boards do you have? CTB16D or CTB16PC ?

In my opinion, it's always a good idea to keep track of the boards you have.

lleibeck wrote:

I have the CTB16D. The LOR firmware site showed 4.30 as the hightest. There was no 4.32 listed that I could see.

Oh, I never really go to the LOR firmware site as I have found it is not always totally up to date.

I use the firmware that is distributed with the software. In the HW Utility, Step 2 under the firmware tab, leave the file name blank, and just click the Open button. A list should appear listing all the available firmware.

I'm using S2 2.8.12 and in the list it has CTB16D Blue listed as 4.32.

Thanks for the heads up on where/how to get the latest version.

Most likely I will remain at 4.30 unless I experience some sort of problem.

Just finished updating 9 units, don't really want to start over again :) too many other tasks at hand, show started Dec 1st.

Guest wbottomley

lleibeck wrote:

Just finished updating 9 units, don't really want to start over again :) too many other tasks at hand, show started Dec 1st.

Dang dude.... try 40 of them!

Mountainwxman wrote:

lleibeck wrote:

Just finished updating 9 units, don't really want to start over again :) too many other tasks at hand, show started Dec 1st.

Dang dude.... try 40 of them!

Just think William, it could have been even worse if you hadn't sold me some of your controllers. 640 channels is enough for anyone lol:P