Light-O-Rama Forums

When will the winner be picked for the new led product name?

robert cox

I'd also like to know the name.

The Firefly is on sale right now. I want to see video of this unit before the sale begins in a few days so I can determine which unit is best for my needs. Right now all I have to go on is nothing.

Any chance of getting the name and video soon?

FandomFilms wrote:

I'd also like to know the name.

The Firefly is on sale right now. I want to see video of this unit before the sale begins in a few days so I can determine which unit is best for my needs. Right now all I have to go on is nothing.

Not to hijack the thread too severely, but your note piqued my curiosity so I hopped over to have a look.

Bit of a 'flag' went up when I noted that the sale notice stated"

"Take 10% off the ORIGINAL Firefly RGB Pixel System"

Causes one to wonder, does this infer that there is a 'NEW' version in the offing?

No idea. I'd prefer to go with the LOR product as it looks like it has a ton of promise but I can't pass up a good price without knowing.

Thanks Dan for the update.

We have a winner(s)....

The name is "Cosmic Color Ribbon"

J_Plak --- wins for the "Cosmic" part (from his "Cosmic Rainbow")

Paul Roberson --- wins for the "Color Ribbon" part (from his "Showtime RGB Color Ribbon CR150D).

Both guys willl get a $50 gift certificate.

We are having a terrible time getting a good video of the ribbon in action. The colors just do not come out like they do in person. Speeding up the shutter to 1/1000 sec helps but then you see blank spots in the ribbon that the human eye does not see. We will post the best we have today.

Dan

Attached files 176855=10103-CosmicColorRibbon1.jpg

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are having a terrible time getting a good video of the ribbon in action. The colors just do not come out like they do in person. Speeding up the shutter to 1/1000 sec helps but then you see blank spots in the ribbon that the human eye does not see. We will post the best we have today.

Dan... check you pm. I might be able to help out.

Too Cool! Congrats to the Winners. Now I just have to save up some money for one of these awesome things. Not sure what I'll use it for yet but, I'm sure I could think of something!!!!!

-Evan

Congrats to the winners!

What a coincidence your advertisement happens to look like a Light Stream.

Example:

Attached files 176884=10105-lt.jpg