Light-O-Rama Forums

Could someone please tell me how to add LOR Singing Trees to S4 sequences?

Orville

Tried searching, found 0 according to the search results.

I bought Ralphie and Zuzu, the LOR Singing Christmas Trees, I downloaded the sample files to see how they work, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to add them to MY existing sequences.   I've tried everything I know and have had ZERO Success.

I want them configured as Ralphie Unit ID #06 and Zuzu as ID #08.  But I can not even understand how they created that sample sequence, I can't recreate that type setup in S4's SE at all.   I keep getting channels on 2 ports labeled as A06 Port 1 channels 1-100, 2nd Port is A07 channels 1-100.  But I want to set it up like the sample using only 8 RGB channels for each part of the tree and a single ID number.

Can someone please explain in very simple terms how to do this that has done it?   I'm just about ready to quit with them because I'm getting very frustrated in trying to set these up as Track 7 Singing Trees in my sequences so I can use them.  I am totally baffled with how the sample sequence was created because I've tried to duplicate it in my S4 sequences and it's been failure after failure.

Any help, guidance and simplest explanation on how to do this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Orville, I am out right now but just one more day and I should be able to figure it out. I believe you are reading to much in to the setup process.

For now try using the existing unit ID's

Tomorrow it will all be good to go. I need to get one and set it up.

JR

Placing this here so everyone can find it if they need help setting the LOR trees up.

***** S4 USERS ONLY

First when you get them they will have pre existing Unit ID's. If you do not use the same unit ID's you will need to change the unit ID in HU. You will only see 1 unit ID. The controller automatically internally uses 2 unit ID's so if adding multiple faces, skip a unit ID. Example if using unit ID 1 and adding a 2nd singing tree start the next one with Unit ID 3 and so on. 

Now pull up your master channel configuration

Once open select in your channel grid where you want to add your singing faces.

Right click and in the drop down select "add multiple RGB Channels". Add 8 per unit ID

Once the 8 ports are created, rename the ports just as LOR has them, this is where you will also assign the unit ID ect.

Do that by clicking on the black RGB row. 

A box will pop up

Top- name "elden outline"

Leave the Auto Link Channel Settings - checked

Device type - LOR

Network - select your correct network

Unit ID- the unit ID you changed in HU in this case Unit 1

Circuit- each row will use 3 circuits starting in order Outline circuit 1 and it will auto place 2 and 3 for RGB

OK

Continue throughout the RGB rows all the way from Outline through O mouth

You will use the same Unit ID for all 8 rows, the only changes will be the circuits. You should start with RGB circuits 1,2 and 3 and end with 22, 23 and 24

Repeat for as many faces and controllers you add, remember the Unit ID's will change for each face

Once finished you can group them in the same exact manner that LOR has or whatever you wish. 

Right Click on the first RGB port (Elden Outline) scroll down to Elden O Mouth and create group

Now for the vis

Open up the Vis for the LOR faces. When I return home I will add the link to the vis and free sequence/ music file

Once you open the LOR faces Vis

On the right side you will see Fixtures/ Prop they will probably have a blue lock next to them

Click on Prop for Elden (in my example)

A box will open

Click on Wizards

Channel Wizard

Next box "RGB"

Next

"New"

Next

You will probably see RGB and a 3 greyed out

Next

Device Type

LOR Controller

Normal Mode 1-512

Next

"Automatically Use Next Unit"

Next

Place your correct Network and Unit ID and if starting out with the Outline - circuit 1

OK

Now you are done. Complete for any additional faces

Ensure you "SAVE" before exiting

Now copy paste the free LOR sequence in to your channel config and on the vis select "simulation mode"

The screen will probably appear blank. You can attempt to run the sequence in the simulation mode. If it doesn't play use the green play arrow in SE and just maximize the simulation screen back. Your face(s) should play as long as you have everything matching up. The same as the physical lights.

I hope this helps. I am adding the LOR faces to my show and in an attempt to help Orville it is also helping me.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

49 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Sent you a message, call me, I believe I figured it out 

JR

My wifes cell service is behaving badly today.  Sometimes she can get a call in, and when she does, it tends to drop the call without warning.  So I wouldn't even try to use her cell phone at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

My wifes cell service is behaving badly today.  Sometimes she can get a call in, and when she does, it tends to drop the call without warning.  So I wouldn't even try to use her cell phone at the moment.

No problem. just follow the steps and all will work.

This is my brother n laws computer, he had nothing on it until now. 

The only thing I cannot physically test is the controller but changing that unit ID from theirs to yours as described above will work.

Please let me know,

JR

32 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Placing this here so everyone can find it if they need help setting the LOR trees up.

First when you get them they will have pre existing Unit ID's. If you do not use the same unit ID's you will need to change the unit ID in HU. You will only see 1 unit ID. The controller automatically internally uses 2 unit ID's so if adding multiple faces, skip a unit ID. Example if using unit ID 1 and adding a 2nd singing tree start the next one with Unit ID 3 and so on. 

Now pull up your master channel configuration

Once open select in your channel grid where you want to add your singing faces.

Right click and in the drop down select "add multiple RGB Channels". Add 8 per unit ID

Once the 8 ports are created, rename the ports just as LOR has them, this is where you will also assign the unit ID ect.

Do that by clicking on the black RGB row. 

A box will pop up

Top- name "elden outline"

Leave the Auto Link Channel Settings - checked

Device type - LOR

Network - select your correct network

Unit ID- the unit ID you changed in HU in this case Unit 1

Circuit- each row will use 3 circuits starting in order Outline circuit 1 and it will auto place 2 and 3 for RGB

OK

Continue throughout the RGB rows all the way from Outline through O mouth

You will use the same Unit ID for all 8 rows, the only changes will be the circuits. You should start with RGB circuits 1,2 and 3 and end with 22, 23 and 24

Repeat for as many faces and controllers you add, remember the Unit ID's will change for each face

Now for the vis

Open up the Vis for the LOR faces. When I return home I will add the link to the vis and free sequence/ music file

Once you open the LOR faces Vis

On the right side you will see Fixtures/ Prop they will probably have a blue lock next to them

Click on Prop for Elden (in my example)

A box will open

Click on Wizards

Channel Wizard

Next box "RGB"

Next

"New"

Next

You will probably see RGB and a 3 greyed out

Next

Device Type

LOR Controller

Normal Mode 1-512

Next

"Automatically Use Next Unit"

Next

Place your correct Network and Unit ID and if starting out with the Outline - circuit 1

OK

Now you are done. Complete for any additional faces

Ensure you "SAVE" before exiting

Now copy paste the free LOR sequence in to your channel config and on the vis select "simulation mode"

The screen will probably appear blank. You can attempt to run the sequence in the simulation mode. If it doesn't play use the green play arrow in SE and just maximize the simulation screen back. Your face(s) should play as long as you have everything matching up. The same as the physical lights.

I hope this helps. I am adding the LOR faces to my show and in an attempt to help Orville it is also helping me.

JR

Thank you JR.   That was easier than I expected.   I just could not figure out where or what I was doing wrong.  Now the Singing Trees I have are now in my Channel Config file and will now have to update all my current sequences for Ralphie and Zuzu.  But that's easier than what I was going through just to get these configured into my sequences.

Thanks for the instructions, worked perfectly.  I kept adding it in as a new device, and that just wasn't working.  After your instructions and doing it manually, it worked perfectly!

Thanks for the update

I created a video (nothing fancy) but it will help those that like videos over written instructions.

Let me know once you try the actual props with the controller set to your unit ID's

Video is uploading to Vimeo

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Thanks for the update

I created a video (nothing fancy) but it will help those that like videos over written instructions.

Let me know once you try the actual props with the controller set to your unit ID's

Video is uploading to Vimeo

JR

Works perfectly.  Been playing around with the singing mouth movements on one of the Spanish Songs I added to my show last year.  I've been actually copying and pasting the "simulated singing" I used for my Blow Mold Characters.   Just go to figure out where to cut specific parts for specific mouth movements.    But I'm working on it.  So far, not doing too badly at it either.

I haven't set the actual trees up as yet, still waiting on several parts to be delivered to my door so I can get to building the  light-weight wooden frames for them out of 1-inch x 2-inch x 4-foot long garden stakes.  Of course I'll be cutting them down to fit the Trees correctly and the pointed end won't be there when I'm done.  Going to try and hang them from under the eave off the front of my house with aluminum chain.

But everything won't be here until near the end of May.   Craziest thing is the screws won't be delivered until May 28 and that's the main thing I need to put it all together. LOL   Why it's going to take that long for 3 bags of screws is beyond me, but it is what it is.

Once I can get everything here and build the frames, then I'll set the actual trees up and see how they work in the real world.  They're just too flimsy to lay on the floor to test them out, as the pixels tend to fall out of some of the holes. 

Not only that, but the 17 cats {now 20 as one of the females that belonged to our former roommate just had 3 kittens today 5/7}, anyway, the cats would be walking all over them and I want to be able to hang them up so they can't get at them when I start playing with them in the "real world" to see how they really look and if I got things sequenced as well as they look in the visualizer.

Your written text helped me get everything in order and working.  Although I made a typo I didn't catch when I did Zuzu, on Channel 6, I was supposed to start with circuit 16, somehow I didn't catch it and I had started it with 17 {hit the 7 instead of the 6}, but as soon as her mouth turned green when I knew I set it to red, went searching and found my error.   Easy fix, fortunately.

I have now updated all my older RGB CCB100D sequences with the addition of Ralphie and Zuzu, LOR's singing trees.   Been playing around with this all day once I got everything in and working.

JR you have been of excellent help in helping me get these in my S4 sequences.   Really appreciate all the help thus far.  Couldn't have done it without your help JR!  I was completely lost on this one. ROFL

Edited by Orville

You are very welcome my friend.

Ive been working on my video, testing a new program that my other friend Dafault (Alan) referred me to. I needed one for my boys school so this test will see how it worked.

I will get my faces in tomorrow and hope to have all of them hanging on my wall tomorrow, that depends on how much teaching time I have to spend in video conferencing tomorrow.

Next week the wife goes back to work at her NP duties at the hospital. I’m sweating it already. Never ending 14 day cycle.

Will need sequencing to keep my mind off the virus harm she will face.

I will get started in that Donkey sequence very soon. I want to see how the actual faces work.

Gonna turn in kind of early today so I can wake up and get my day started.

The video should be added before I go to bed but it’s a very slow process esp for the first time using a screen capturing video program.

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are very welcome my friend.

Ive been working on my video, testing a new program that my other friend Dafault (Alan) referred me to. I needed one for my boys school so this test will see how it worked.

I will get my faces in tomorrow and hope to have all of them hanging on my wall tomorrow, that depends on how much teaching time I have to spend in video conferencing tomorrow.

Next week the wife goes back to work at her NP duties at the hospital. I’m sweating it already. Never ending 14 day cycle.

Will need sequencing to keep my mind off the virus harm she will face.

I will get started in that Donkey sequence very soon. I want to see how the actual faces work.

Gonna turn in kind of early today so I can wake up and get my day started.

The video should be added before I go to bed but it’s a very slow process esp for the first time using a screen capturing video program.

I can understand that.  I have friends that work in the medical field as well as a few relatives.  So you're always worried about what they are being exposed too in hospital environments.   My friends and relatives always told me, if you want to stay well, stay out of hospitals as much as possible if you can, because that's where you're really likely to get sick. LOL

I avoid them when I can, if I can, but in January 2019 both my wife and I ended up with BOTH the Flu and pneumonia the same, that is we BOTH had both those together.  It was lots of fun trying to even get out of bed for almost 2 weeks to feed and water the cats.  Worst sickness I can ever remember, especially since we both got them at the same exact time.  What a pair we were at that time.  We did end up at the E.R., got some medications and sent home with Rx for the next 2 weeks at the time.

So this year I made sure we both got a flu shot, but they wouldn't give us the pneumonia shot that we wanted, even though we are both HIGH RISK for it due to our age and classified by our doctors, Medicare and our insurance wouldn't cover it, saying we weren't 65 yet.  Yet BOTH Medicare and our insurance companies, along with our doctor has us under the high risk category, just because we weren't 65 they wouldn't approve the shot.   Yet Medicare sent me a letter telling me I was high risk and should get the pneumonia shot.  Now what the heck was up with that, you tell me to get it, I go to do so and you refuse to allow me to get it. Ridiculous!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program, the LOR Singing Trees, I've seen how others work, but these being 4 channel mouth movements and the mouth moves backwards from probably what you're accustomed to, they open and close from top to bottom instead of the usual bottom to top movement.

As for Screen Capture programs, that's another thing I like about the FREE program{aTube Catcher} I use for video or MP3 downloads when I just can't find one for purchase any longer, it also has a screen capture program in it as well.  But I still haven't figured out how that part actually works yet.  I've never used it.  But I like the fact I can convert videos offline with it to a variety of other formats, along with converting MP3 to a wide assortment of audio formats, including making ringtones and video for cell phones.  So I can convert a DVD I ripped to my computer and then convert that to a cell phone format and put my wifes' favorite movies on her cell phone to watch when she's waiting for her ride to the doctor or just waiting for whatever she's waiting for.

Well I'm off to play with the sequences some more and see what I can do with the Spanish one I'm currently working on.  Once I get the breakdown of the Blow Mold version to a Singing Tree version for the mouth movements, I think by then maybe I'll have a better handle on how they work.  But I'm anxious to set up the actual props so I can see how it's really going to look.   Just seems what you see on the screen sometimes doesn't translate well into the "real world" environment.

So I'll be glad when all my mounting hardware finally comes in, so I can do just that.

• The topic was locked