Light-O-Rama Forums

Palm tree wrapping

Sanman

Hello all I am about to purchase my lights when the sales start I am contemplating doing my palm trees in rgb rather than traditional lights I am new to programming and decorating.  I dont want to have to go up the ladder per holiday Halloween and christmas to wrap with different colors I can use feedback my palm tree on curbside is very thick and palm tree in yard is thin I was thinking of doing a panel for thin one but am trying to be cost efficient please help ty

Agree with Dennis, there are really no cheap ways to do RGB, unless you already had some older original RGB Controllers that needed their RGB light strands replaced.   I couldn't afford new ones, so since I have 2 original 5V RGB Controllers that were in need of RGB Replacements I purchased the ones on Clearance, that was cost efficient for me.  But not everyone has that option just going into RGB lighting.

If it were me {and I could afford them} I'd just buy the new CCB2 controllers with 200 RGB lights as a package deal {again, if you can afford them}.   One strand of these LOR RGB Lights is around somewhere between almost 63-64 foot long {including the lead in dangle to the first bulb}.  Don't recall the exact length offhand, but I have a 66' long manufactured home and they leave about a 2-3 foot opening at the back where I don't have lights when I string one 50 RGB Bulb strand along the one side of my house.  

So I'd think the newer Controllers with 200 bulbs {50 bulbs per strand/4 strands}, that should be more than enough to cover your palm tree.  But you'd probably need to mount the controller between the 2 sets of strands, one way work up from the controller, the other from the controller to the ground.   This would be about the only possible solution I can see that would be suitable for your palm tree, especially since you state is has a large trunk.