Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a USB hub

indi

Getting ready to add a Pixie 8 and a Pixie 16. I need to and a USB hub. The question I have is:

If I connect the hub to the computer USB (comm 3) will the 4 outputs on the hub all be comm 3 ?  

Another question: If I have 8 other controller on comm3 will adding to it with hub mess things up?

Thanks

no, and please stop thinking in COM# for USB, You are working with LOR Network names for all sequnces. At some point, you will use the network utility to map Current COM# > LOR Network.

A USB Hub is simple, it does not act like anything but a Hub,  It is the LOR adapter that calls for a COM# assignment when it connects. 💡 I suggest you Mark the adapter with The LOR name. it will normally get the same assignment,whichever USB port it ends up on for THAT PC)0

Thanks for the help. I am technology challenged.

I don't even know why I keep doing this. At 75 years old it's getting hard to remember things and adding new things to a show  I might not be able to set up this year away.LOL!!!!

1 minute ago, indi said:

Thanks for the help. I am technology challenged.

I don't even know why I keep doing this. At 75 years old it's getting hard to remember things and adding new things to a show  I might not be able to set up this year away.LOL!!!!

Uh, I am a few months from the big 75 (but then, I have always done electronics from a time I could hold a soldering iron)

One eye gone wacky and poor balance are keeping me on the ground, and really put a crimp into my fabricating of things (large, spinning blades are a serious NO!)

I understand Ducks. I wanted to do eave lights. The wife won't let me on a ladder now. I fell last year a broke an ankle and back. So I had a few ports open on my Pixcon16 so I had some custom trim made and zip tied the pixel ribbons to the trims and had to hire a crew to install them. I mounted them on my freeze board, so they will never come down and should be weather protected. So if I can reach them from the ground it's not going to happen.

Again thank you for the information.

• The topic was locked