Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom pixel prop

Dj Rabbit

Using s4 pro. 4.4. Trying to design a custom prop that need 800 bulbs, or 2400 channels for pixie16 board. Editor let's me build prop, but assigns all bulbs to one controller and won't carryover to next controller if, or let me add more controller id's like when using premade shapes. Thoughts?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with S5. I need my roof outline to run in a single line across 2 controllers and can't add a second controller to it.

If you are creating a prop and it has multiple fixtures, you have to create the fixtures as well and assign them to the prop. This will probably solve your problem. I haven't used PE in a long time and only built my spider with it. 

There is a tutorial feature in SE that may help you.

JR

I have figured out what I needed to do. Maybe this will help others. When assigning numbers to your prop, you have to think of them as a 4 digit number. Pixels you want on "channel 1" or string 1, you can just enter that number, such as pixel 1 is 1, pixel 55 is 55. Pixels you want on channel or string 2, you have to enter as 1###  . so pixel 1 on string 2 would be 1001.  Pixel 55 on string 2 would be number 1055. This will let you assign channels to each string. Hope this helps somebody. 

32 minutes ago, Dj Rabbit said:

I have figured out what I needed to do. Maybe this will help others. When assigning numbers to your prop, you have to think of them as a 4 digit number. Pixels you want on "channel 1" or string 1, you can just enter that number, such as pixel 1 is 1, pixel 55 is 55. Pixels you want on channel or string 2, you have to enter as 1###  . so pixel 1 on string 2 would be 1001.  Pixel 55 on string 2 would be number 1055. This will let you assign channels to each string. Hope this helps somebody. 

Did you build it in PE? 

JR

Yes, s4 pe making custom prop. What I am doing basically is make a large pixel tree and cutting it into 2 parts. Just making 2 trees and using 1 on top and 1 on bottom doesn't make them sync as 1 tree. Spirals and other effects don't look right. Making a custom prop and setting all the channels like I need each string to do will make it act as one big tree. They are going to be added to a real tree we do this with. Part on porch, part on porch roof, so it looks like growing through the roof. I can also set where I want strings to start to make connections where I want them. Works well, just takes a little to make sure it's right. 

• 1 month later...

I am trying to make a prop for 8 arches using 8 different smart rgb ribbons.  1 to each arch. Can I make a prop that will show the entire prop in the pixel editor to make sequencing easier?

In S4 or S5 you build each arch as its own prop that you combine the 8 arch’s into a group if you want to sequence all 8 at the same time.