Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels not lighting correctly

jgcorl

Recently upgraded to the s5 software and created sequences.  They play perfectly fine in the preview window in the SE, but whenever I go to play them in an actual show, the pixels act like they are confused.  Most strands only have the 1st pixel that lights up in the string, and then randomly they all light up correctly through the sequence, and then other times it is half and half.  Not sure if there is a programming issue on my part or what.  I put in all lights as props in the preview and verified their unit ID and network (I have all pixels on my 500k network).  I attached a picture of the first pixel in each strand lighting up around the wreath.  Those are all either CCR-II bands, or square RGB pixels.  I tested all boxes through the HU and double checked all connections and everything checks out.  It just seems like there is something funky with the lights when the shows play.

VideoCapture_20191211-201125.jpg

21 hours ago, TheDucks said:

What controllers?

What chips in you Pixels?

Did they ever work before you upgraded to 5.x?

4 CCCII boxes, 1 pixie 8 controller, 1 pixie 4 controller.  

Not sure what chips are in the pixels.  I had 4 CCR II ribbons I bought 2-3 years ago.  Have 10 new CCR II ribbons and 7 square pixel RGB I bought this year.

I had the pixie 4 controllers before this year and everything worked fine.  I upgraded the software version, the license level, and got the 4 CCC II boxes and pixie 8 controller this year.  It has to be the boxes or software.  

• The topic was locked