Light-O-Rama Forums

Not all pixels lighting during show

jgcorl

So I have a pixie 8 controller, 4 ccc-II controllers, and 2 pixie 4 controllers.  I have ccr bands connected to the pixie 8 for my mega tree and 3 sets of 2 bands connected to the ccc-II boxes.  The other controllers are controlling my square rgb pixels.  

Whenever I play my show, there is like 1 pixel in each strand that is lit up most of the time.  Usually the first pixel in the sequence.  Occasionally all pixels will light correctly with certain parts of the song, but most of the time they are just blinking with the first pixel.  I have my old lights on a 56k network and all rgb components on a 500k network.  I am running these off my computer for my show.  Any advice on what could be causing this??

So you have two networks?  One regular LOR of old lights on a black 485 adapter?  And all the new CCC2 controllers on one red high speed adapter?  

• 3 weeks later...

I see there are no suggestions yet.  Have you resolved this on your own?  I don't know if this is a S5 issue.  I use S4.  or a sequencing issue.

I would examine the network assignments of each node. (I can't help as I run 4.x ). remember, there is a LOR ID and which network adapter.  (been there. changed ID, forgot Network_name)

You also don't mention how many nodes per port. You could still be pushing limits of your Red network if those are 100 node / port pixies.

Enhanced Mode enabled on the Red network?

On 12/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, jgcorl said:

I have ccr bands

Now that's a term I have never heard used for them.  I assume you mean Cosmic Color Ribbons - in which case they are normally called ribbons or more commonly strips.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, jgcorl said:

Whenever I play my show, there is like 1 pixel in each strand that is lit up most of the time.  Usually the first pixel in the sequence.  Occasionally all pixels will light correctly with certain parts of the song, but most of the time they are just blinking with the first pixel.  

That almost sounds like a configuration mismatch between the lights and the controller.  Are you sure you have the pixel type set correctly in the pixel controllers. 

• The topic was locked