Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2

crate120

Have a pixie2 and using ribbons, 16 channel controller, and a G3MP3. I  have set everything I think ,but when I run the sequence only one side of the controller lights the ribbons perfectly, the other side only lights up about 2 to 3ft and stops, can't figure it out, has anyone had this issue? I'm kinda stuck right now.

Velcome from Pa.  I use S4 still.  Very soon you will get suggestions to troubleshoot your issue.  Be patient.  The pixie2 needs to be configured properly for both strings or all strings or ports.  Additionally, controller ID's have to be the same in your sequence and pixie units so they know how to play. Dig deeper in the Hardware Utility (HU) and see if you missed something in configuration of the Pixie.

Have you switched the ribbons between the ports? Does the same thing happen to the working ribbon on the other port or does the same string only partially light up on either port?  Last year as I was making my first foray into RGB, it turned out I had a bad ribbon. The only way I found it was to switch the ribbons and watch what happens very carefully.

If both ribbons work on both ports, then it's not ribbons. I think you need to check the channel assignments in your prop configurations. Remember that the Pixies automatically assign consecutive Port numbers. So if your Pixie is assigned as UnitID 1,  one string is 1 and the other is 2. I'm assuming you have 50 pixel ribbons? Also remember that each pixel uses three channels (R,G,B), so there are 150 channels per string in the software. Again, double check the port number and light assignments in your props.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. There are MANY more people far more knowledgeable than me around here. I just know from my limited experience. 

7 hours ago, tlogan said:

Have you switched the ribbons between the ports? Does the same thing happen to the working ribbon on the other port or does the same string only partially light up on either port?  Last year as I was making my first foray into RGB, it turned out I had a bad ribbon. The only way I found it was to switch the ribbons and watch what happens very carefully.

If both ribbons work on both ports, then it's not ribbons. I think you need to check the channel assignments in your prop configurations. Remember that the Pixies automatically assign consecutive Port numbers. So if your Pixie is assigned as UnitID 1,  one string is 1 and the other is 2. I'm assuming you have 50 pixel ribbons? Also remember that each pixel uses three channels (R,G,B), so there are 150 channels per string in the software. Again, double check the port number and light assignments in your props.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. There are MANY more people far more knowledgeable than me around here. I just know from my limited experience. 

Yes I switched the ribbon,s does the same thing, in test mode they both light up just fine, I will dig deeper once I figure out where things are now in S5  Thank you.

8 hours ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Velcome from Pa.  I use S4 still.  Very soon you will get suggestions to troubleshoot your issue.  Be patient.  The pixie2 needs to be configured properly for both strings or all strings or ports.  Additionally, controller ID's have to be the same in your sequence and pixie units so they know how to play. Dig deeper in the Hardware Utility (HU) and see if you missed something in configuration of the Pixie.

I will dig deeper once I figure out S5, It is different.  Thank you

• The topic was locked