Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB100D

Mike Anderson

So I recently purchased what I was told were controllers and bullet pixels from someone on the Facebook page.  When I got the package, two sets were bullet pixels and two sets are the bulbs.  My question is will the CCB100D control bullet  pixels instead of bulbs or am I stuck with them and 2 if they do control the bullet pixels, does anyone have 2 sets of 50 they are wanting to part with?  They are 4 pin connectors.  And I also just bought three pin extensions thinking that's what I needed so now I'll have those too...

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Mike Anderson

As far as I know, the original LOR CCB controller and the original LOR CCP controller are the same.  The only difference is the larger bulb on the CCB strings.  However that controller will only drive pixels of the same type - and at five in the morning, I can’t remember the pixel type.  It is NOT the commonly used 2811 type.  

The original CCBs and CCPs are four wire and they are interchangeable. They are both LPD6803,  5v and use the same original controller. The original CCRs were LPD6803,12v and all the newest LOR CCR-ll, CCP-ll and CCB-ll are WS2811, 12v controllers.

I am not sure if any of the LOR controllers can handle other protocols as they don't list them, ie. if the original can handle WS2801 as it is a four wire as well but different bits per color.

Thanks Guys.  That's a whole lot of letters and numbers to process so early in the morning.  I may just simplify the whole thing and buy another CCR-II to solve my problem and figure out what to do with these bulbs.   I also have to figure out if I can get replacement covers and screws for them as they are missing in action.

1 minute ago, Mike Anderson said:

Thanks Guys.  That's a whole lot of letters and numbers to process so early in the morning.  I may just simplify the whole thing and buy another CCR-II to solve my problem and figure out what to do with these bulbs.   I also have to figure out if I can get replacement covers and screws for them as they are missing in action.

Here is a good read about pixels if you want to check it out:

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Different_Styles_of_Pixels

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, Mike Anderson said:

depending on the price, sell me your extra bulbs 🤣 I have extra covers (with seals) and screws for the CCP's if you need to work out a little "deal"

• The topic was locked