Light-O-Rama Forums

Think I found an error in the Schedule Editor in the Schedule Editor in 4.4.2

Orville

Okay, I just made 7 shows and I named them for each day of the week I wanted them to play on, and when I entered them in the Schedule Editor in 4.4.2, it takes the file I placed under Sunday with Sunday.las, Monday with Monday.las......Saturday with Saturday.las and shifts them to under the WRONG days!

The Schedule Editor is set up as Sunday as the first day and Saturday as the last day of the week: Sunday-Monday-Tuesday,....Saturday. However if you use those names for files to go under the same heading as the day of the week in the Schedule Editor, they don't stay once you hit the Save button, exit the Schedule Editor and then Enable a Show, the Schedule for Sunday is now Monday, it literally shifted all the files over one and put them in weekday order with them being sorted out to Monday thru Sunday, instead of staying Sunday-Saturday as they are listed in the Schedule Editor.

Is this how this is supposed to work? {I wouldn't think so.}

I usually run the same file all week, so this is the first time I've tried doing it as the same name as the days of the week. 

As in how they are listed in the Schedule Editor, and they got moved into a Monday thru Sunday order, if this is a default built in, it needs to go because this could really foul someone up.  And I even tried cutting the time{thinking maybe because the original time was 6:30pm-12:30am, but that wasn't it}.  So I tried changing the end time before midnight, I tried ending at 11:59pm on the same day, 10pm, 8pm, all yielded the same result with the files being moved into a Monday-Sunday order, Monday.las always ended up under Sunday, Tuesday.las under Monday, Wednesday.las under Tuesday, Thursday.las under Wednesday, Friday.las under Thursday, Saturday.las under Friday and Sunday.las under Saturday, it's in the correct order when I enter it, but as soon as I hit Save, Enable Schedule and see wrong file is being selected for the day of week I'm on, then I reopen the Schedule Editor and they are in the wrong order.

If it's not supposed to do this, it needs to be fixed.  As it may do this with other files and someone may not notice it, and that could possibly really foul up someones show.

The only way I was able to work around this was by adding numbers to the weekday names, i.e. 01-Sunday, 02-Monday......07-Saturday.  But I should not have to do this!

Edited by Orville

1. LAS is an animation sequence.

2. So you create a 'Sunday.LSS' (show file), schedule it for Sunday, and it moves it to Monday?

I just tried to duplicate your error - unable.  Granted, I am using 5.2.2, but as I understand it, the Schedule Editor has not changed in a long time.  I created seven shows named Sunday.lss, Monday.lss, Tuesday.lss, etc.  I then changed my schedule so that instead of my overnight landscape show running each night, one of the seven daily shows would run.  For each night, the evening show runs from 4:00 until either 10:00 or 11:00 and then the daily show runs until 7:00 AM the next morning.  That of course means that for example the Saturday show will start at 11:00 PM Saturday and run until 07:00 AM Sunday.  This is what I see in the schedule editor (you may have to do some scrolling to see all of it):

Orville_schedule_error-1.png

I saved the show, exited the Schedule Editor and re-opened it.  I see exactly the same thing.

4 hours ago, Don said:

1. LAS is an animation sequence.

2. So you create a 'Sunday.LSS' (show file), schedule it for Sunday, and it moves it to Monday?

Actually it moves Sunday to Saturday, it shifts all days backwards 1 day when using the .lss files named Sunday - Saturday.lss.  I meant .lss files, but since I was using animation files, that's what I ended up putting where .lss should have been.  But if I precede them with a number, 01-Sunday.lss then this doesn't happen. 

It only happens when I use the exact name for the day of the week.  Never ran into this issue before today.  So I figured that it might be a bug somewhere in the program that would cause this 1 day backward shift, where Sunday ends up under Saturday, Friday ends up under Thursday, Monday ends up under Sunday, etc.,etc. for each day as I had put in my original post.

Edited by Orville
Realized I answeered incorrectly, had to correct.

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I just tried to duplicate your error - unable.  Granted, I am using 5.2.2, but as I understand it, the Schedule Editor has not changed in a long time.  I created seven shows named Sunday.lss, Monday.lss, Tuesday.lss, etc.  I then changed my schedule so that instead of my overnight landscape show running each night, one of the seven daily shows would run.  For each night, the evening show runs from 4:00 until either 10:00 or 11:00 and then the daily show runs until 7:00 AM the next morning.  That of course means that for example the Saturday show will start at 11:00 PM Saturday and run until 07:00 AM Sunday.  This is what I see in the schedule editor (you may have to do some scrolling to see all of it):

Orville_schedule_error-1.png

I saved the show, exited the Schedule Editor and re-opened it.  I see exactly the same thing.

Nope, mine gets moved.  I am only using the Sunday - Saturday lss files, Sunday.lss is on Sunday and the rest of the week day .lss files when saved and I enable the show, it shows it will run Monday.lss on Sunday and the rest of the week has all been shifted over by 1 day to the previous day that it is supposed to be on when I reopen the Schedule Editor.

Now if the show runs past 11:59, with my current setup of 01-Sunday.lss, 02-Monday.lss{renamed files with a preceding number}, then I put them in the Schedule Editor they stay under there appropriate day, but at Midnight then 01-Sunday.lss is changed to 02 Monday.lss, which I'd expect, because midnight starts the next day, Monday.  Same thing all the way across the board.

These are the only .lss files I am running, no other show files are in the Schedule Editor except the Sunday thru Saturday Show Files and it shifts them over 1 day backwards from the header list in the Schedule Editor as soon as I click Save, Enable show and then open Schedule Editor again/.

If I just use the day names without the preceding number this is what happens every time with the 4.4.2 Schedule Editor I am currently using.

Edited by Orville
Had a because because where only 1 occurrence should have been.

Honestly, without seeing a recording of what you are doing, I can't honestly put much into this. Sounds like others don't have this issue.

17 hours ago, Don said:

Honestly, without seeing a recording of what you are doing, I can't honestly put much into this. Sounds like others don't have this issue.

Well I fixed it, something apparently corrupted the file, re-installed software, turned off computer, turned on computer, tried to duplicate the issue to get screen shots of the after, but it's working as it is supposed too.

Been having some lock up issues with this system lately, and having to shut off power completely to get it to unfreeze the program that's not responding.   So I may have to move to my even older back up computer, As something is going on with this one that apparently is somehow corrupting files.  I leave this system up and running 24/7/365, until I have issues with something on it and have to turn it off.   I wouldn't think that would cause issues, but, then again, with computers you never know what they may mess up!

Hopefully it'll stay operating properly for a while more.

Thanks to all that tried duplicating the issue, but like stated above, seems the Schedule Editor somehow got corrupted or damaged somehow, someway, have virus protection and it's always been good, so I know it's not that.  I scanned the Schedule Editor specifically and it found nothing virus related.  Re-install of the LOR Suite fixed everything back to normal.