Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 port issues

scarcebigfoot85

So first time using a pixie 8. Replacing a 4 channel DMX controller. Hardware utility runs all 4 ports that I'm using with no issues. Added the Pixie 8 into my sequences. When I started running my sequences only ports 3 and 4 work. I have no idea what the problem is. Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Most likely a configuration issue.  First I would suggest that you double check that the Unit IDs are set correctly in the sequence.  Remember that on the Pixie controllers, each output is treated as a separate Unit ID, and that the Unit IDs count in Hex - NOT Decimal.  If you have not read JR’s write up on Pixie Setup, I would suggest it.

If that does not help, ask detailed questions here.

20 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Most likely a configuration issue.  First I would suggest that you double check that the Unit IDs are set correctly in the sequence.  Remember that on the Pixie controllers, each output is treated as a separate Unit ID, and that the Unit IDs count in Hex - NOT Decimal.  If you have not read JR’s write up on Pixie Setup, I would suggest it.

If that does not help, ask detailed questions here.

Thank you so much for the help. I will look deeper into the config issue and read the write up JR did. I really need to dedicate more "off season" time towrd my sequencing. 

10 minutes ago, scarcebigfoot85 said:

I really need to dedicate more "off season" time towrd my sequencing. 

Yes, you do.  I generally start sequencing in earnest starting around April.  This year because I knew I was making a lot of changes, I started around the end of February.  I was done with that in September.

• The topic was locked