Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP = CMB24 - flashing led - not showing up in network

Rabeiler

When I connect my CMB24 directly to my PC, I can see it in the HU. It shows up as "2E-Bootloader-CMB24". When I connect the unit into my network chain, it does not show up at all. The LED status light always flashes red, even when it is the only thing connected. Have tried several cat5 cables. Have reset the CMD24 - using dip switch 12. Have loaded the firmware (1.05). Still no luck. Dip switch 1 is off. Jumpers are set to LOR. LOR ID is set to 2E. Dip switches 10 and 11 are on. Not sure why, can't find any info on them and have not changed them from how it arrived from LOR new. I bought last year but did not get a chance to use it.

Help!

Ross

12 minutes ago, Rabeiler said:

When I connect my CMB24 directly to my PC, I can see it in the HU. It shows up as "2E-Bootloader-CMB24". When I connect the unit into my network chain, it does not show up at all. The LED status light always flashes red, even when it is the only thing connected. Have tried several cat5 cables. Have reset the CMD24 - using dip switch 12. Have loaded the firmware (1.05). Still no luck. Dip switch 1 is off. Jumpers are set to LOR. LOR ID is set to 2E. Dip switches 10 and 11 are on. Not sure why, can't find any info on them and have not changed them from how it arrived from LOR new. I bought last year but did not get a chance to use it.

Help!

Ross

You state dip switches 10 & 11 are on? What is that?

For ID 2E switches 4, 6, 7, 8 should be on and ALL other off.

Edited by Mr. P

1 hour ago, Rabeiler said:

It shows up as "2E-Bootloader-CMB24".

There is your problem.  I suspect that means that it is hung up trying to reload firmware.  Check page 18 of the CMB24D manual on the procedure.

Thanks for the help. I set dip switches 10 and 11 to off and turned on the cmd24 and everything is showing up now as expected. Odd that it came to me brand new from LOR with those two dip switches set to on. 

Ross

• The topic was locked