Light-O-Rama Forums

Red Flashing light inside of controller

RAB

Instead of the steady green light inside of the powered controller, I am getting a red light with intermittent flashing.  This is my fourth year with LOR and never had this problem before.

29 minutes ago, RAB said:

Instead of the steady green light inside of the powered controller, I am getting a red light with intermittent flashing.  This is my fourth year with LOR and never had this problem before.

I'm not 100% sure and assuming you have the CTB16PC controllers, I thought the red status and green status lights just determined what generation controllers you have. Didn't think the colors ever changed. Intermittent flashing is the controller is resetting - per below. If it continues to do so, might check your jumpers to see if the came loose during storage. From manual Trouble Shooting:

Status LED LED blinking approximately twice/second: Controller has booted correctly and is waiting for commands. The controller is not connected to a Light O Rama network or the network is not active.  LED is on solid: Controller is connected to an active network (is receiving the heartbeat and commands from a PC or a DC-MP3 Show Director)  LED is blinking twice then pause, twice …: The normal operation jumper is not on J0, the controller is resetting. See the section Voltage Selection and Operation Jumpers for placement of the jumper. 

I also did not know the color changed. Mine is green, whether it flashes or not.

Now, Gen 2 controllers are RED.

As Mega arch suggested, check the LOR - DMX jumpers are all in place. the manual show the pin locations for LOR network.

Check the pins in the RJ45 for correctness, swap out the cable

Welcome to the club!

I finished setting up about 4 hours before show opener - and at that time I had several hours of cookie baking to do for the opening event, so cut it real close.  There were still a few maintenance items to take care of and a couple things not in their final location or not there, but enough to open...

• The topic was locked