Light-O-Rama Forums

can someone help please

jeremy jones

i have had lor for around 4 years, was running RGBs switched 2-3 years ago to pixels and have not had much luck since. Is there anyone could assist in programming of the super sequence? its very poor, vague and not very productive as much as it was with RGBs. I would appreciate any input or suggestions that anyone might have to help. I was out of the loop for 2 year after update and pixel conversion due to Feeling that I had no support. Thank you . i have now 6 universe on the eve of house and 4 arches. but its not what im looking for as for what ive seen lor can do!  im adding a 170 pixel tree and a pixel board and im lost. works with xlights why would i have problems with something ive paid for?

Edited by jeremy jones

1 hour ago, jeremy jones said:

Is there anyone could assist in programming of the super sequence?

If you are looking for help with Superstar, then look at the Tutorials for it here under the heading Superstar (Add On)

Also there is a Forum Topic just for Superstar. If your looking for something else, please clarify.

Alan...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremy jones said:

i have had lor for around 4 years, was running RGBs switched 2-3 years ago to pixels and have not had much luck since. Is there anyone could assist in programming of the super sequence? its very poor, vague and not very productive as much as it was with RGBs. I would appreciate any input or suggestions that anyone might have to help. I was out of the loop for 2 year after update and pixel conversion due to Feeling that I had no support. Thank you . i have now 6 universe on the eve of house and 4 arches. but its not what im looking for as for what ive seen lor can do!  im adding a 170 pixel tree and a pixel board and im lost. works with xlights why would i have problems with something ive paid for?

Spend as much time with SS (paid for it) as you do with the freeware and you will be happier.

You ask for help and complain about the software.

RGB and pixels sequence exactly alike so not sure about the problem there.

If you have questions shoot Brian a pm- he is top notch in support for SS and normally replies very fast.

JR

thanks alen ALEN and JR i was just getting aggravated last night (late/tired). i just can't seem to get my lights to look as good as anyone else's on here. lol . i think it's time for me to hire a programer or buy already made sequences.   

1 hour ago, jeremy jones said:

thanks alen ALEN and JR i was just getting aggravated last night (late/tired). i just can't seem to get my lights to look as good as anyone else's on here. lol . i think it's time for me to hire a programer or buy already made sequences.   

First year is always horrible for most of us, there are a few exceptions.   I look back at my original sequences and go, what a piece of crap that was! LOL  I still am nowhere near what some of these guys do, but I keep plugging at it.  As you keep plugging away at it, you learn the ins and outs of the things.  Shoot, I've been into this since 2010 and I learned NEW things I wasn't aware of or didn't know this year in 2018 too.

This is an ever changing, ever growing, EVER LEARNING Hobby we're into here.  It's just the nature of this beast. LOL

Best advice I can give you is this, DO NOT try to sequence or do things when you're tired, angry or aggravated, it just makes it worse for yourself.  When I get tired I go off and watch a movie, play in my other hobby, Garden RailRoading or just take a 1-2 hour nap and then get back to it after an hour or two of doing something relaxing.  

Before all that I used to try and overdo it too.   Hence how I came up with my signature tag line below! 🤣

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1