Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 controlling PixLite 4

Frank Rhobotham

I’m having trouble getting my G3-MP3 to control a PixLite 4. The Director has the latest firmware update V5.38. I set the show up in the hardware utility to for my 16ch and dumb rgb to be on network 1 and DMX on network 2. My question is do I hook a cat5 cable directly to the “net2” port then out to the PixLite 4? Port “net1” controls the old 16ch controller and 8ch dumb controller just fine. Running the PixLite 4 off the computer works fine too. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Blaine 

32 minutes ago, Frank Rhobotham said:

I’m having trouble getting my G3-MP3 to control a PixLite 4. The Director has the latest firmware update V5.38. I set the show up in the hardware utility to for my 16ch and dumb rgb to be on network 1 and DMX on network 2. My question is do I hook a cat5 cable directly to the “net2” port then out to the PixLite 4? Port “net1” controls the old 16ch controller and 8ch dumb controller just fine. Running the PixLite 4 off the computer works fine too. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Blaine 

A director cannot do E1.31 as it is lor network only. If you want to use the Pixlite then you need a computer.

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked