Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
~DOC~

One Channel dim lights

Recommended Posts

Finally have everything hooked up. I ran a test sequence to count the channels to make sure they light when they are suppose to. I have one channel (14) which gets power but the lights are so dim. At least I know it getting power. Just not enough it appears.  I checked my sequence it is at full on. What else should I be looking at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its so dim it appears off at a distance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it stay on dim when a sequence is not playing? Does is still flash when it is supposed to during the sequence but is just dim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Does it stay on dim when a sequence is not playing? Does is still flash when it is supposed to during the sequence but is just dim?

It turns off when it suppose to. But it’s super hard to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

It turns off when it suppose to. But it’s super hard to see.

Did you verify the intensity setting on that channel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok as far as I can see Mr. P it’s 100% but again as you know I am a new guy. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. Could you tell me where to look so I can verify what I am looking at is correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Did you verify the intensity setting on that channel?

Sorry forgot to quote you to let you know I answered above...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Ok as far as I can see Mr. P it’s 100% but again as you know I am a new guy. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. Could you tell me where to look so I can verify what I am looking at is correct?

Open the sequence in SE, on the channel that is dim put your mouse on one of the blocks that is turned on and a little block will appear giving you info. It will have Channel, Timings, Event and Event Times, for Event it should say Completely On. If it has Intesity at 50% or something like that then you need to change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Open the sequence in SE, on the channel that is dim put your mouse on one of the blocks that is turned on and a little block will appear giving you info. It will have Channel, Timings, Event and Event Times, for Event it should say Completely On. If it has Intesity at 50% or something like that then you need to change it.

Says completely ON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Says completely ON

One more thing, do you know how to check lighting curves in the HU for that contoller. Open the HU, Refresh and select that controller. Click config button  on bottom and then Advanced Configuration buttonon and the advanced config box opens. in the left columns are the dimming curves, ensure they all say LOR Standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

One more thing, do you know how to check lighting curves in the HU for that contoller. Open the HU, Refresh and select that controller. Click config button  on bottom and then Advanced Configuration buttonon and the advanced config box opens. in the left columns are the dimming curves, ensure they all say LOR Standard.

HU? Not sure what that is at the moment.

Edited by ~DOC~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ~DOC~ said:

HU? Not sure what that is at the moment.

Hardware Utility program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Hardware Utility program.

Capture1.PNG.a389dc040f38e76dde330238fe9b9c79.PNGCapture.PNG.731af90e67090a66c9ab0c81759460b8.PNG

 

Looks correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they dim on all the squences? Have you tried another set of lights? If yes to both then the only other thing I can think of is the mosfet going bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I played a regular sequence it was dim also. Not happy.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually when a mosfet goes the lights stay on dim, maybe submit a trouble ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I submit trouble ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ~DOC~ said:

Will this eventually affect other channels? I would think it won't be too noticeable until I get this resolved.

No, it will not affect other channels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

No, it will not affect other channels.

I'm switching 15 and 14 to just verify they are working. See if the issue follows the channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

I'm switching 15 and 14 to just verify they are working. See if the issue follows the channel.

Believe it or not its working?????????? What in the world caused that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows but at least it's working.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Who knows but at least it's working.

your getting all my thank you today Mr. P.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these LED lights that are on dim on that channel?   I ask this because some LED strands have been known to be wired in reverse, that is if you plug that same strand in and it;s dim, unplug it, turn the male plug 180 degrees and re-insert it, then try it again.  If it lights normally, you'll need to tag that light set to know it has to be plugged in reverse from the others.

I had this issue several years ago when I was using LED strands on a CTB16PC controller, turned the plug around and the strand lit perfectly.  So I marked the plug with a silver dot to remind me that that side was actually the "hot" side.

Some LED strands don't care which way they are plugged in, but on occasion you'll come across one that has to be reversed to work correctly.

 

Edited by Orville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×