Light-O-Rama Forums

Red light on on my Cosmic Pixie Controller

denamy1

Last year my Pixie Controller worked fine. This years either its a blinking red light or a steady red light. I refreshed and it finds the unit on com4. My other controllers are on Com3.  My other controllers work fine. The pixie controller is either red blinking or red steady. I am stumped.

If I am understanding correctly, you are referring to the led inside the controller.   You want it to be solid which indicates it is communicating properly.  Are you using more than one USB connection (multiple networks)?

Yes the light is RED in the Pixie Controller unit controller. I thought it was supposed to be green? I am running the pixie controller and the regular LOR controllers on separate USB. The pixie controller is the red adapter. Like I said it was fine last season.

29 minutes ago, denamy1 said:

Yes the light is RED in the Pixie Controller unit controller. I thought it was supposed to be green? I am running the pixie controller and the regular LOR controllers on separate USB. The pixie controller is the red adapter. Like I said it was fine last season.

No, it is only red color, never green.  Makes sense that one or more controllers are going to be on one comm port and one or more on the other comm port depending on how you connected the controllers to the interface.  Hopefully you have your prop definitions set to the proper comm port for each controller and you will be ok.    Maybe you plugged the adapters into different USB ports on the computer this year than you did last year.  

Like they say with the stock market.....   past performance is no guarantee of future performance. 😁

Edited by Richard Hamilton
adding

Okay so it actually was the sequence I was playing. For the heck of it I tried another sequence and the CCR tree worked fine. WHEW.. I thought the red light meant trouble!

12 minutes ago, denamy1 said:

Okay so it actually was the sequence I was playing. For the heck of it I tried another sequence and the CCR tree worked fine. WHEW.. I thought the red light meant trouble!

Great.... congrats, and thanks for the update.   Yup, it is easy to forget little details from year to year such as what does the light mean.  So as you realize now that it is either blinking (not communicating on the network) or solid red (controller is being recognized.)

And do keep in mind for the future that the comm port numbers can change on you as depending on where you plug them into the computer, or something else using those ports that were not in use previously, or even more strange is that a a few occasions I was "testing" something with the HU software and it changed the device ID without telling me and I didn't ask it to do that.

• The topic was locked