Light-O-Rama Forums

1 pixel on CCR turning on randomly

toddm1919

For my Halloween display, I have a simple looping 2 minute long sequence that uses only my AC controllers and two Pixie 4s to control 25 lights/pixels.  However, I have all of my controllers and my CCRs connected in preparation for Christmas.  

Today I had my computer on with the schedule enabled with the show to start at 5:45.  Before that time, I noticed that the last pixels on two of my CCRs were lit up green.  The control panel showed that no sequence was playing, and these CCRs are not listed in my Halloween sequence.  I disabled the shows, and the pixels stayed lit.  I unplugged the controllers, and the pixels turned off (obviously).  I plugged them back in and the pixels stayed off.  I re-enabled the schedule, the pixels stayed off, so I let things go. At 5:45, the sequence started to play. I checked it several times and  it was fine until about an hour later when I went out to check on things.  This time the first pixel on one of the CCRs was lit up what looked like green and blue at 100%.

Since the controller/CCR is not even in the sequence, the pixels that turned on were different in each case, and the fact that the the first time it happened there was no sequence playing.  I am confused as to why this would happen.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_Web.pdf    page 16 

First Pixel is Status Indicator If this box is checked, the status LED will be mirrored in white on string one’s pixel nearest the controller. This occurs for 60 seconds after power up. This checkbox exists to save the effort of having to open up the controller box up; you can just unplug and plug in the controller to check its status.

Thanks Bob, but I forgot to mention that the CCRs are original CCR150 with there own controller...not the new ones that connect to the pixie4.  

In addition, the original problem was that the last pixel set was lit solid green..not the first.

unplug power from the 150 controller ,leave the strip connected to the controller, hold down the blue button on the back of the controller  reapply power plug to controller should run through red,green,blue  if there is a problem with the pixel it should show up in testing  just a thought

21 hours ago, toddm1919 said:

For my Halloween display, I have a simple looping 2 minute long sequence that uses only my AC controllers and two Pixie 4s to control 25 lights/pixels.  However, I have all of my controllers and my CCRs connected in preparation for Christmas.  

Today I had my computer on with the schedule enabled with the show to start at 5:45.  Before that time, I noticed that the last pixels on two of my CCRs were lit up green.  The control panel showed that no sequence was playing, and these CCRs are not listed in my Halloween sequence.  I disabled the shows, and the pixels stayed lit.  I unplugged the controllers, and the pixels turned off (obviously).  I plugged them back in and the pixels stayed off.  I re-enabled the schedule, the pixels stayed off, so I let things go. At 5:45, the sequence started to play. I checked it several times and  it was fine until about an hour later when I went out to check on things.  This time the first pixel on one of the CCRs was lit up what looked like green and blue at 100%.

Since the controller/CCR is not even in the sequence, the pixels that turned on were different in each case, and the fact that the the first time it happened there was no sequence playing.  I am confused as to why this would happen.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?

I had a very similar problem in the past. I had a few pixels that would stay on after the show was done. I was using an extension cord that I learned was not grounding correctly. Changed the extension cord and problem was corrected. I know it's not the exact issue you are having but might be worth looking into if you are using any extension cords. Let us know if you figure it out please. Good luck

Tried the reset. Everything looked good for the night, but in the morning random pixels were on again.  Going to try to change some extension cables next.

This is sounding like a channel ID conflict.  I had a similar problem last year and when I ran the verifier, it showed me there was an ID conflict.   It seems that many people forget to run that program when strange things like this happen.   Try that.

I finally had a chance to do some trial and error.  It looks like I had an AC cable to close to a network cable.  I changed it yesterday afternoon...so far so good.

19 minutes ago, toddm1919 said:

I finally had a chance to do some trial and error.  It looks like I had an AC cable to close to a network cable.  I changed it yesterday afternoon...so far so good.

If that's all you did I expect to see you come back with the same problem.

As Richard stated above more than likely you have a channel conflict and another controller within the sequence or your master config is sharing the port.

If you don't know or want to research you can test this by creating a new sequence and 1 row at a time add sequence to the row. Play and see if any of them affect the lights. 

Or you can just use the verifier tool.

JR

If you read my original post, there was no sequence running when the problem first occurred.  I don’t see how it could be a conflicting channel ID, when I was not sending any information to any of my controllers.

• The topic was locked