Light-O-Rama Forums

Using a shared sequence

Platinumcd

I have two of these controllers and users on here were kind enough to share some sequences with me to help me get started. My question is if they were say setup for 4 controllers instead of 2 and I reset the id for my 32 channels but leave the other ones with out deleting them and I use the show will it cause a problem. 

No problem at all.  I have stuff that has been sequenced for several years that I have not built the props yet.  Doesn't bother a thing.

BTW, a suggestion.  Please update your profile with your license level and what software version you are using.  Frequently questions get asked that the answer depends on those two items.

• 2 weeks later...

I have controllers in my sequences that I may or may not use during certain Holidays or during off-season use, like Jim said, they won't bother a thing, as long as their is no controller with that number {if they are sequenced} attached, no problems, but if you upgrade and add more controllers and don't turn those channels off and have lights or things plugged in that you aren't intending to use, then you'll have "random" lights coming on with that controller.   When I'm not using a specific controller, I leave the channel intact, but I will make a backup of the sequence to copy and paste from later, because I will turn off all channels on that unused controller, as it may still be connected to the other controllers.   But as long as its channels are all off, it'd be fine.

I think most of us have this scenario. This year I have a bunch of open co trollers, I just ran out of energy while troubleshooting - the show must start and go on.

At least Christmas should go well.

JR

My suggestion is to run the LOR VERIFIER and it will tell you if you have channel conflicts. You can run for individual sequences for the entire show. I suggest the latter. Also helps out as you add / delete props between seasons, may catch an issue before you start pulling your hair out