Light-O-Rama Forums

CCRs and pixels

GrenzTravis

Has anyone mixed CCRs and pixels in the same prop? Does it look ok? I just bought the mega tree with CCRs and I want to do a homemade star on the top of it. The easiest way I see to do it is with pixels. I just want to make sure it will look ok.

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

That should be fine.  Very commonly done.

Where do you buy your pixels? Which ones work best for a tree? I think I want to stick with 12v because I'm not sure about the 5v

I have bought most of my pixels from Ray Wu in China.  Generally I do one order per year from Ray.  This year I had bought a couple thousand pixels from another forum member who had bought them and not used them.  When I figured out the project I was going to use them for, I needed to buy 500 more so I asked where he had gotten his - so I could order the same.  They were from Holiday Light Express https://www.holiday-light-express.com/

I have also bought traditional LED strings from HLE and been very happy with them.  I had to place an order with them last week, and received the shipping notice less than 15 minutes after I placed the order!

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

I have bought most of my pixels from Ray Wu in China.  Generally I do one order per year from Ray.  This year I had bought a couple thousand pixels from another forum member who had bought them and not used them.  When I figured out the project I was going to use them for, I needed to buy 500 more so I asked where he had gotten his - so I could order the same.  They were from Holiday Light Express https://www.holiday-light-express.com/

I have also bought traditional LED strings from HLE and been very happy with them.  I had to place an order with them last week, and received the shipping notice less than 15 minutes after I placed the order!

Nice...thanks!!!

• The topic was locked