Light-O-Rama Forums

Brackets for mounting Pixie board over power supply?

robigd

I am attempting to build my own controllers and previously ordered a pre-built pixie16 controllers from LOR and noticed they have the pixie board mounted on top of the power supply. Does anybody know where I could purchase the mounting brackets that are used for this?

pixie.png

Edited by robigd
Added picture

4 hours ago, robigd said:

I am attempting to build my own controllers and previously ordered a pre-built pixie16 controllers from LOR and noticed they have the pixie board mounted on top of the power supply. Does anybody know where I could purchase the mounting brackets that are used for this?

pixie.png

Easy to build your own with pcb's stand offs. I prefer not to have the controller on top of the ps myself. I have built many pixie16's. They didn't have fully assembled pixies when I got hooked on them.

Maybe look into a car stereo mounting bracket or some AL channel- if you just have to have it like LOR's.

JR

• Thanks 1

That appears to be a 'saddle plate'.

Note the 2 screws on the side of the PSU.  Those holes (location) are custom to the model of PSU. Also note there is a space between the flange and the PSU body to allow EASY air flow to the fan or grills.

I sure would not run in the position (Horiz) shown, as the heat would rise into the pixie.

Assuming that the mounting holes for board would clear the perimeter of the PS, some tall/stacked standoffs would work.  If not, might have to use some thinner steel/aluminum strip material and  and bend/drill some custom brackets. I've done still for some creative mounting needs.  Might cruise the hardware section that has straight/angle bracket and stock metal strip material to see if you can put a custom bracket together. 

• The topic was locked