Light-O-Rama Forums

Any cheaper CCRs less than $250???

Kennan

Hello,  

I was wondering if there is anywhere else that sells Cosmic Color Ribbons for less than $250. That price is ridiculous. As of right now with that price, just my arches alone are (just for the pixels alone) $1000.

Thanks, Kennan.

CCRs are proprietary to LOR. If you wish you can purchase the newer CCR II controllers which work with WS2811 pixels which can be bought practically anywhere.

40 minutes ago, Kennan said:

As of right now with that price, just my arches alone are (just for the pixels alone) $1000.

Just curious how many arches you are planning on doing? I get two arches out of a one set purchase by selecting the set that offers two of the 50 string sets. Depending on the type of arches you are making if they are the HDPE 50 pixels per arch is plenty. - Just a thought...

Edited by GriswoldStyle

26 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Just curious how many arches you are planning on doing? I get two arches out of a one set purchase by selecting the set that offers two of the 50 string sets. Depending on the type of arches you are making if they are the HDPE 50 pixels per arch is plenty. - Just a thought...

6 arches, each around 8 feet (give or take) in total. and im also planning on doing two pixel matrixes. smart pixels, as well.

The original CCR came with one ribbon but the new CCR II comes with two ribbons which are 16.5 feet each. So one CCR II with two ribbons can do four 8 foot arches.

32 minutes ago, Kennan said:

6 arches, each around 8 feet (give or take) in total. and im also planning on doing two pixel matrixes. smart pixels, as well.

What controllers are you planning on using? That may net you more answers.

JR

18 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

What controllers are you planning on using? That may net you more answers.

JR

honestly whatever controller works for the cheapest pixels. as of right now, im planning on using pixie 8/16 w/ ccr ribbons. if there is anything cheaper that works the same as ccr does but requires a different controller, ill use that instead.

1 minute ago, Kennan said:

honestly whatever controller works for the cheapest pixels. as of right now, im planning on using pixie 8/16 w/ ccr ribbons. if there is anything cheaper that works the same as ccr does but requires a different controller, ill use that instead.

The pixie16 is by far the most affordable LOR pixel controller. I think your terminology got others off track.

Lucky for you LOR now offers the pre built pixie16. I had to build all of mine.

I use a pixie16 and pixie 8 to control my 24X50 matrix, a pixie16 for my 16X50 CCR tree (those ribbons are LOR CCR II's), a pixie16 for my soon to be 16X100 pixel node tree, and other pixie 16s, 8, and 4's for various other props.

I use various vendors for the nodes and ribbons.

Once you get past setup the pixie is the easiest to work with. 

JR

• The topic was locked