Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16, What am I missing

Wygantmb

I own 4 of the second Gen Pixie 16's. My issue is when I go in to the sequencer (S5) I can not get the sequencer to control my pixie controllers. It runs my flood lights and my older 16 channel controllers just fine. I can get every string to work while using HU on all 4 pixie 16 units. I can change the colors of individual strings and everything seems to work great in HU.  I have assigned one of the controllers with Unit # 50. In the S5 sequencer I have gone into the preview and assigned the unit with the same starting Unit # 50. The sequencer then auto fills all the remaining channels. The Unit # 50 is running a 16 string tree with 100 pixels per string. It still will not control the lights during play back with the control light selected. I have tried to create show and put them onto a SD card and play them both on my OLD MP3 Director and my new one with the internal clock. All of the other controller will play but not the pixie controllers. I'm sure I am missing something simple but I cant figure it out. Am help would be great. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Wygantmb said:

I own 4 of the second Gen Pixie 16's. My issue is when I go in to the sequencer (S5) I can not get the sequencer to control my pixie controllers. It runs my flood lights and my older 16 channel controllers just fine. I can get every string to work while using HU on all 4 pixie 16 units. I can change the colors of individual strings and everything seems to work great in HU.  I have assigned one of the controllers with Unit # 50. In the S5 sequencer I have gone into the preview and assigned the unit with the same starting Unit # 50. The sequencer then auto fills all the remaining channels. The Unit # 50 is running a 16 string tree with 100 pixels per string. It still will not control the lights during play back with the control light selected. I have tried to create show and put them onto a SD card and play them both on my OLD MP3 Director and my new one with the internal clock. All of the other controller will play but not the pixie controllers. I'm sure I am missing something simple but I cant figure it out. Am help would be great. Thank you.

If you want you can PM me your cell # and we can get them up and running.

JR

HU will work regardless of network problems. 75% of those I help have network problems. Think of HU as a sort of back door to the controller. Yes the controller will work with the HU is open unless the controller is fried.

In order for the controllers to work outside of HU the network has to be set properly.

If you know how to check your Network Config set it at 500K LOR fastest and ensure "Enhanced " is selected.

If your pixies have the dip switch all switches must be "Off"

JR

The network setting were the issue. If you change the network settings mark sure your other controllers are compatable. If they aren’t you have to go back to the slower network and run firmware updates on them. Thank you Pixel God (dibblejr)

32 minutes ago, Wygantmb said:

The network setting were the issue. If you change the network settings mark sure your other controllers are compatable. If they aren’t you have to go back to the slower network and run firmware updates on them. Thank you Pixel God (dibblejr)

Happy I could help you out.

JR

• The topic was locked