Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Light Show

caniac

does anyone have a phone number for these guys?  All their web site has is a support "portal".  Once again they short shipped me.

Interesting ... their physical mailing address is in Tennessee.  Kingston Springs, TN uses area codes 615 and 629, the first of which matches the number I found.  Area code 502, in the number provided by LORAdmin, refers to Kentucky.  I will be very curious to see which number (if either) works for you.  Please let us know!

Also @caniac, on their website under "Refund Policy" they list the number 615-378-1431.

Edited by scodavis

Just now, scodavis said:

Interesting ... their physical mailing address is in Tennessee.  Kingston Springs, TN uses area codes 615 and 629, the first of which matches the number I found.  Area code 502, in the number provided by LORAdmin, refers to Kentucky.  I will be very curious to see which number (if either) works for you.  Please let us know!

so far neither, TN mailbox full and KY mailbox generic.  website tab on refunds shows the TN number.  The email address listed rejects.

2 minutes ago, scodavis said:

Also @caniac, on their website under "Refund Policy" they list the number 615-378-1431.

that number has a message that voicemail is full, always has that message.

Just now, caniac said:

so far neither, TN mailbox full and KY mailbox generic.  website tab on refunds shows the TN number.  The email address listed rejects.

@LORAdmin Wanted to make sure you saw this - vendor partners should be accessible.  This sounds like a deliberate attempt to avoid providing customer service to me.

2 minutes ago, scodavis said:

@LORAdmin Wanted to make sure you saw this - vendor partners should be accessible.  This sounds like a deliberate attempt to avoid providing customer service to me.

You really, really, really, should contact LOR. I just help out on the forum, and have zero influence anywhere else.

1 minute ago, scodavis said:

thats my take on it, last time they sent me a 25ft C9 socketed strand (to put C9 strobes into) minus the sockets.  This time they put two pole pins (very heavy solid steel) into a bubble pack from the post office.  Either at the post office or prior to shipping a hole got ripped in it and "someone" taped it up minus the second pole pin.  They charged me $25 for shipping, why would you put it in a cheap bubble pack!!

dispute the charges on your credit card, that should get there attention when they are getting money taken from them.

15 minutes ago, caniac said:

thats my take on it, last time they sent me a 25ft C9 socketed strand (to put C9 strobes into) minus the sockets.  This time they put two pole pins (very heavy solid steel) into a bubble pack from the post office.  Either at the post office or prior to shipping a hole got ripped in it and "someone" taped it up minus the second pole pin.  They charged me $25 for shipping, why would you put it in a cheap bubble pack!!

How crazy! Very interesting that you had that problem. They did the exact same thing to me. I ordered two pole pins. they only shipped me one in the box and when I responded to the shipment notice they responded back saying that one of them must have come out the box during transport. that is not even possible as the Box arrived heavily crushed but was sealed and you could see the imprint of only one of them the rest of the Box had paper pushed into it and there was only the one imprint in the Box. needless to say they finally shipped me another one and all they did was wrap it and a priority mail bubble mailer. Luckily the second one did arrive but was poking out of the package when it was delivered.  That's crazy you just had almost the exact same situation happen. 

The only thing I can suggest is to respond to the shipment email that they sent you I got a response later in the day from whoever it was I'll have to pull it up to find it

58 minutes ago, caniac said:

Check your Dm I just sent a screenshot from my order that has his direct email address on it

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Area codes have no meaning anymore in this day and age. In the old days you new where someone was by their area code. However, today with all the cellphones and internet phones the devices move with the owner no matter where they are located. I'm in Ga. but I have a Montana area code.  ?

in the scheme of things it isn't a ton of money but more the principle.  Folks complain about HC but they have always double/tripled wrap things they sent me.  This thing looks like they dragged it behind a truck before dropping it off at the post office.

Day Two of As Christmas Light Show Turns:

No email from Darryl

No phone call from Darryl

No password email from Darryl's ticket system

Paid for two pole pins, paid shipping for two, due to poor packaging received 1, next up will dispute the charge on my debit card.

Please give Darryl and company some time to reply.  I will personally vouch for them.  Remember, this is July and many take time off during the summer so replies can be slow.

Shipping issues can occur with ANY merchant.

They have the same focus on customer service as we do:. They WILL make it right.

don't need you to vouch them, I have done business with him for years and have lots of his products.  Always reliable, only point I was making was this was the second time in as many tries that something was messed up.  Also had issues with no real means to contact (voicemail full, ticket system you can't check your problem on, et al).  Did hear from him, he will remedy.

All of us on here have seen great businesses all of a sudden start letting their customer support slip and then not sending shipments, etc.(ReallyBigLights, and someone big last year I think (or year before)).  Some folks lost a lot of money to these companies, it happens.  Mostly wanted to see if anyone else was having any issues. 

Edited by caniac

For those following this I finally heard from Darryl and the item is being replaced.  Still have questions about why his ticketing system doesn't work nor his phone but those are questions for another day.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked