Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Controller II - Add additional pixel string

CampbellHouse

Bought 2 Cosmic Color Controller II (CCC-II) last year - one with two 50 count bullets pixels and one with two 50 count bulbs. Now I'm wondering if I can add another 50 count string to each of the existing pixel strings so each is 100. When reading on the website is says they can run up to 100 pixels strings on each channel. Just not sure if I can do that or not. Don't want to screw up the controllers somehow.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Camphouselights

Last year I purchased 2 new but not from LOR, from a guy on the forums.I tested by connecting 100 without a problem but I never used them after that. Larger projects happened.

As long as same voltage are used shouldn’t be an issue. The most that would happen is low light output on the second 50

Shouldnt hurt the controller to add additional 50 as long as keeping same voltage requirements. 

JR

10 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Last year I purchased 2 new but not from LOR, from a guy on the forums.I tested by connecting 100 without a problem but I never used them after that. Larger projects happened.

As long as same voltage are used shouldn’t be an issue. The most that would happen is low light output on the second 50

Shouldnt hurt the controller to add additional 50 as long as keeping same voltage requirements. 

JR

Thanks JR - Can you tell me how I could determine what the voltage is? Would the connector tell me - 3 vs 4 pin?

Chester

7 hours ago, CampbellHouse said:

Thanks JR - Can you tell me how I could determine what the voltage is? Would the connector tell me - 3 vs 4 pin?

Chester

Mine are 12v.

im out of town but I would suggest you open the box up and look at the power supply. You may be able to look at the Pixel pcb itself. I

Im not sure if they even sell the set as 5v however best way to verify is the PSU itself.

JR

so last year you bought one new CCB-II & one new CCP-II with 50 bulbs on each string and 50 pixels on each string?  Now you want to add 50 more bulbs or pixels for a total of 100 per string? The new CCB-II & CCP-II controllers are 12v.  They have an end on them that allows one other 12v 3 pin connection.  Is this what you are asking?  LOR sells CCB-II with 100 bulbs or pixels each side.  You would have to configure your controller for 100 per sting.  I think the default is 100 per string.  The controller will handle 100 total or 200 total.  Same controller. 

• The topic was locked