Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8, Pixie 16, and PixCon 16

NTJP

I will not be much help for you SORRY,  I too have a Pixie16 and was having problems getting it to work.  Being short on time I bought the Pixcon16 board and swapped out the boards.  It took a while to figure out how to set it up but, it is working.  Hope in the Spring to figure out the Pixie16.  I was able to get the first about 6 nodes to light and that was it.  I was trying to run in DMX and learned the Pixie16 will not run in DMX.  That is why I bought the Pixcon16.   I have not used S5 yet as I was not familiar with it.  I do wish you luck.  This is a fun hobby and although expensive it is very rewarding to see the young and old enjoy the show.  There are plenty of people out there willing to help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smatyja said:

Good Morning All,

Sorry to jump on this thread but I am needing some help with my Pixie 16 controller. This is my first year doing this and figure I would have more time on my hands since I was retiring from the military but wow maybe I should have started in july with setup. So the problem I am having with the RGB Controller when playing a sequence is only about 15 nodes flash from 2 different strands and nothing else. When I go to the hardware utility I can test all of the lights no problem. I have purchased some sequences already and my other non RGB controllers do just fine but cannot figure this one out. I am using S5 to sequence and using this controller on 4 windows and 3 columns. Any advice? 

Shay 

First of all you will need to upgrade your license to Pro as a Basic license will not run a Pixie16.

• Like 1

Check out this page for capabilities for the different LOR license levels:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

You need at least an Advanced level license to control all the ports of a Pixie 16, and if you want to use Motion Effects (what was called Pixel Editor in S4), you need a Pro level license.

You said you have other non-RGB controller.  I am going to assume those are Unit IDs 01 & 02, and I'm betting that your new Pixie 16 is also showing up as Unit ID 01 (which means it is really Unit IDs 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, & 10).  Your Basic level license only works on Unit IDs 01 & 02.  That is why you see lights on ports 01 & 02, which are duplicated with your non-RGB controllers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Check out this page for capabilities for the different LOR license levels:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

You need at least an Advanced level license to control all the ports of a Pixie 16, and if you want to use Motion Effects (what was called Pixel Editor in S4), you need a Pro level license.

You said you have other non-RGB controller.  I am going to assume those are Unit IDs 01 & 02, and I'm betting that your new Pixie 16 is also showing up as Unit ID 01 (which means it is really Unit IDs 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, & 10).  Your Basic level license only works on Unit IDs 01 & 02.  That is why you see lights on ports 01 & 02, which are duplicated with your non-RGB controllers.

Thank you for this information I am going to look at everything tonight.

SM

4 hours ago, NTJP said:

I will not be much help for you SORRY,  I too have a Pixie16 and was having problems getting it to work.  Being short on time I bought the Pixcon16 board and swapped out the boards.  It took a while to figure out how to set it up but, it is working.  Hope in the Spring to figure out the Pixie16.  I was able to get the first about 6 nodes to light and that was it.  I was trying to run in DMX and learned the Pixie16 will not run in DMX.  That is why I bought the Pixcon16.   I have not used S5 yet as I was not familiar with it.  I do wish you luck.  This is a fun hobby and although expensive it is very rewarding to see the young and old enjoy the show.  There are plenty of people out there willing to help.

Thank Ya!

4 hours ago, NTJP said:

Also Good to meet ya! I live about 45 min from you in Vilonia

Good to know.  Do not know of many in the area.  As far as I know I am the only one in White  County doing this level.  Last year was my first year and this is the first using Pixels.  It is a big jump to pixels and had no idea there would be so much to learn.  Still have props that did not get built due to all of the problems getting the Mega Tree to work.  I am now reworking my sequences as they do not look as good on the tree as on the computer.  I am having to slow things down and take out some detail.  But, over all it is something good to watch.  Wish you the best of luck and a Merry Christmas.  Maybe I will be able to get over your way and see your show.  Storms coming tomorrow so buckle down.  I am worried about damage.  Last week 30 + mph winds caused some damage to some of my props.  Tree survived.....

• The topic was locked