Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels Turning on, but not on in sequence

nmonkman

I opened a support ticket, but I am sure the guys at LOR are slammed this time of year, so posting here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I have 23 controllers (01 - 09, OA - OF and 10 - 17). There is only one sequence that uses 17-1, 17-2 and 17-3 and this is a new sequence just made this year. Those channels work properly during that sequence. However, I have several other sequences that I have used for years that I am using this year. Again, none of those other sequences use controller 17. The issue is that during programmed events on other controllers and/or other channels, these three channels come on by themselves. I have doubled checked the channel configuration and made 100% sure that none of the other sequences are using these channels. I have even used the "off" control and dragged that through these channels just to make sure there are none of those little events that we miss sometimes. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas on what would cause a channel to come on even if it is not programmed to do that?

Note: the only controller changes I made this year was renaming each controller due to a new configuration and new cabinet, but I did them one at a time with no network cable to others. Still the same numbering as noted above, just different on each one.

How many networks?

I had a similar issue at Halloween. I ran 17 controllers through a single pipeline.

I had some singing face lip movements that were crossing over from one unit to another. After asking LOR I was informed to add networks.

I split them for Christmas now to 8 networks and have none of those problems.

You may want to add a network or 2.

JR

Just running regular network on all controllers. Never had this issue before. I am not even sure how to set up different networks.  Will have to investigate that. Thanks for the response.

6 minutes ago, nmonkman said:

Just running regular network on all controllers. Never had this issue before. I am not even sure how to set up different networks.  Will have to investigate that. Thanks for the response.

Confusing at first but pretty easy to set up an additional network.

Search for a thread by " Default " Alan (sorry if spelling is wrong) it is very informative about setting up a network. Are they all AC controllers? I had 4 pixie16's and an 8, the rest were AC. You will need an rs485 adapter for each network.

JR

That is what I was thinking last night (about separate networks). Yes they are all AC controllers. Frankly, if I have to start messing around like that because the hardware won't function right I would just as soon pack it all in and be done with it. At one time I had 35 controllers all on the same network with no glitches at all. This is the first time in 10 years this is an issue. I ran the verifier on every sequence to make sure there were no conflicts and there are none with the channels that are coming on. In fact, last night I discovered more lights coming on that should not.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lights coming on that should not also. I will be watching this thread and inform of any progress I may have.

• The topic was locked