Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2D DMX questions

don731

Purchased my first Pixie 2D V3 this year.  If I want to run these two ribbons in DMX, how do I set the colors and effects?  I see in the manual the starting DMX address (based on unit number), but I am clueless as to how to set the other DMX numbers, for say, the entire ribbon as steady blue, red, etc..  I couldn't find any tutorials.  I am licensed at the full advanced level.

Thanks!

Don in Barrington IL. 

If I’m understanding your question, each pixel takes three channels - one for each of the primary colors.  Then the next pixel takes the next three channels.  So if the starting address is DMX channel 65 (for example), pixel 1R is 65, P1G is 66, P1B is 67, P2R is 68, P2G is 69, P2B is 70, etc.  Make sense?

Jim,

What I am looking for is a method to set the entire ribbon to a particular color, then change to another color during the song.  Can the Pixel editor be used in a DMX mode?  I haven’t used the Pixel editor at all, just the sequence editor and superstar editor.  Or can the superstar editor just be used with these Pixies? Thanks!

When you create a prop in PE. You select  DMX. And then add the universe and start channel for that prop ,what kind of prop are you making with the strips ?

Just using the ribbons as background wall washers...nothing fancy.  Change color on the entire ribbon a few times during the songs.

Don the pixel editor is your best bet for creating the effects on your strips ., What controllers are you using for the strips ?

On 12/7/2017 at 9:21 AM, Dennis Laff said:

Don the pixel editor is your best bet for creating the effects on your strips ., What controllers are you using for the strips ?

The controller that came with the ribbons. I use a separate DMX output from the laptop to a DMX laser.  Works great, and easy to program in the sequence editor.  Not looking for anything fancy from these 2 new ribbons,  just solid color with no movement changing to other solid colors during the song.  

• The topic was locked