Light-O-Rama Forums

UN-Updating Props?

DisneyMatt10

So, quick question for you all. We *thought* we knew how we wanted to make some changes to our set up for next year. So I went into the PE previewer and made the changes. Deleted some of the props that were going away, and replaced them with the new ones. However, after taking a second look the way we are going to change things isn't the way that we had originally done it. Is there anyway to like... "un-update" the props? So they can go back to the way they were and still have all the same sequencing done?? Or is the damage already done?!

I had a similar problem last week I did something and I lost all my props in the pixel editor  I talked to Matt Brown. He told me if I had a sequence from last year sequenced in pixel editor.   open that sequence in PE and it should bring up the props sequenced in that song .if you can't get that to work there is a file that has every prop on it Matt did a remote on my computer last week and restored everything I lost .

Ummm, you DID save every version of the preview with a new file name, right?

Since you’re asking, I guess not.  Hopefully you just learned something.

Do you have an online backup that may have stored a different version of your file from last year?

like idrive or carbonite?

Edited by hoosierdoc

On 12/3/2017 at 12:37 PM, k6ccc said:

Ummm, you DID save every version of the preview with a new file name, right?

Yeah... So, no... I kind of just updated the 2017 show props... :unsure:

On 12/7/2017 at 6:41 AM, hoosierdoc said:

Do you have an online backup that may have stored a different version of your file from last year?

like idrive or carbonite?

I actually have the entire 2017 show and all of it's files on Google Drive, and on the "show computer." However, I do I just need to remove all the files with the changed PE prop setup from my laptop (That I do all my programming on) and then re-load them from the drive using the files with the old PE prop setup?? 

Can it really be that easy??